London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
12 messages
16/08/2012 at 20:57

Has anyone ever had these offers where you pay only the post and Package.  I tried to look on the T & M site but couldn't find it.  Is there a way to get to it. Thanks

16/08/2012 at 21:00

Try clicking on the 'Offers' tab on here Johnboy. Just next to the forum tab. It usually takes you straight to the site if you click on a valid in date offer..

17/08/2012 at 06:35

Three of my customers have fairly recently ordered plants on special offers in newspapers or magazines without looking carefully at the small print and were disappointed by the plants they received. In one case the three blackberry plants were pathetic 5-inch stems with wispy roots wrapped together in a tube. He thought it was a three-stemmed plant and that the other two were delayed in the post.

It would certainly have been preferable for him to find a better supplier, either garden centre or online, and get established plants which would have encouraged him by producing some fruit in year 1.

17/08/2012 at 10:18

I've just received my 3 free clematis (p&p only) from the Express . They are from T & M and I don't have any complaints. They have a good root system and the foliage is a nice healthy green - true they are only little plug plants but I sent for some last year along with some other offers and they have all grown and flowered well. Guess it's the luck of the draw !

17/08/2012 at 10:21

I have had the 36 perennials and the 36 lavenders and although all small plug plants I have been very pleased with them so far.  Have not planted them out as they are still too small so am growing them on in the greenhouse and I will plant them out next year.  I think they are excellent value for money and are very healthy plants. 

Would recommend them

17/08/2012 at 10:33

If anyone is interested the Daily Mail has been running offers all week - I've just sent for 3 Bearded Irises - (£4. 30 p&p)  supplied as rhizomes. Cantina, Pass the wine, (sounds like a good idea ! ) and Orange Harvest. Maybe the offer will still be on website.

17/08/2012 at 11:00
Jean thanks for the plant offers from the daily mail. I have just gone online and you can order all the plants they have on offer online!
Am thrilled and am going to be ordering most of them.

Once again thanks for the info on the offers : )

Jem
17/08/2012 at 13:17

No probs Jem - as I said up to now I've never had problems with these offers . The pinks look good too.

17/08/2012 at 15:39

Oh thank for that jean, I will go and have a look now, a girl just can't have too many plants

18/08/2012 at 15:31

Hi, me again.   Yet another free offer in tomorrow's Express - Bumper garden collection p&p only. Not much info but we buy that paper anyway so will be having a peruse. It will probably be on line for those who just want a look - see .

Nice little picture of dianthus - hope they are included.

29/08/2012 at 14:53

I often take up the postage only offers from T&M through GW magazine.  Havent been disappointed.  Like Lavender Lady I have my lavender and perennials repotted and growing well.  Have just moved them into a coldframe (dont have a greenhouse).  Just remember that the top is open and the rain is really heavy today - oops!  Will see what the damage is like when I get home from work

29/08/2012 at 17:39

i ahve also ahd the postage only offers in GW.. and have had no problems at all..

i will be looking at the paper ones shortly.

email image
12 messages