London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
20 messages
18/01/2014 at 13:10

Hi All

With the success of me giving my surplus seeds free away to good homes, I would like to compile a mailing list of those interested in future seed give away.

If you would like to 'message me' your email address I'll send out a list towards the end of the year.

These are seeds I get free with gardening mags, there is always far to many for me. The postage is free too! But I can only post within the UK to avoid the cost of export duty which is charged on seeds.

I already have email address for: Edd, IanTaylor, Clarington and David from Wales

The seeds are given away on a first come, first serve basis and you can have has many or has little as you want.

18/01/2014 at 13:47

What a lovely generous idea, I run a school gardening club and we always need seeds , so your offer would be a godsend for me especially as the last strong winds broke our greenhouse so all find raising will be directed there, if I can work out how I'll message you my email.  Thank you in advance x

18/01/2014 at 14:40

Hi Eve

If you click on my picture of 'Basil Brush', you will see a title, 'message me'.

19/01/2014 at 18:44

Thank you, hope you have received my response now! 

19/01/2014 at 19:25

Thanks Eve, I have your message now

20/01/2014 at 17:56
Can anyone apply for this kind offer?
20/01/2014 at 18:51

what a great idea would be glad to look at your list if you have any spare but people like Eve would be more worthy hope she gets new greenhouse, good luck everyone for 2014,happy gardening.

20/01/2014 at 20:46

hi, boingey and joseph, yes, just message me your email address and I'll send out a list when I have a large enough supply, most likely end of the year for sowing in 2015

21/01/2014 at 14:11
Eve Christmas wrote (see)

What a lovely generous idea, I run a school gardening club and we always need seeds , so your offer would be a godsend for me especially as the last strong winds broke our greenhouse so all find raising will be directed there, if I can work out how I'll message you my email.  Thank you in advance x

If you want to PM me your address Eve I can send you some wildflower seeds ready for sowing this spring

21/01/2014 at 17:43

Hi everyone.  Like Mark, I also have a plethora of seeds which I would happily send to anyone who would like them.  I need to check through them, though, but can send them to you in time for planting this year.

23/01/2014 at 10:51

Thank you Lisa 69 for your kind offer, at present can't seem to access message page but will send you my address as soon as the technology allows! 

Also thanks to Joseph for his kind wishes, will keep you posted about the green house. 

Patsy I will take you up on your offer too, I really appreciate all the kindness and generosity of you people. 

13/03/2014 at 15:13

Hi everyone, I am totally new to all this and just looking for some starter seeds and any advice if anyone can help me.  I am now the proud owner of a larger than anticipated allotment plot next to my flat and having never done anything like this before its a bit of a challenge to say the least but one I'm looking forward to

Thanks in advance

Jodie 

13/03/2014 at 16:02

Jodie. What kind of things are you wanting to grow?

13/03/2014 at 17:05

Hi Jodie

i can give limited advice as i am perhaps a year or so further down the line than you in terms of being a novice. one thing i would definitely say to you is, walk before you can run .. i have wasted lots of money, time and misguided effort trying to do a thousand things at once that i didnt have enough knowledge or skill to achieve. this forum is a godsend i must say - i have learnt a lot just from reading and applying to my own cases. yes its essential to make mistakes as thats how we learn - however you can minimise your losses by starting small. 

as Clarington has asked above, what plants do you like? you will find sticking to growing something you actually like, as opposed to what you think you should be growing, will give you much more back than trying to force things. it can be overwhelming - so, SO many plants ... lots of them beautiful ... but really try hard to limit them down to a handful that are achievable within your timeframe. and on that note, be conservative with your commitments, as things in life crop up. allow some time to be flexible.

good luck and happy growing!

13/03/2014 at 18:12

How lovely, I would love to  be added to your list, I may have some seeds that I could add to your collection when my plants go to seed later this year

thanks

reikipat@hotmail.com

KEF
13/03/2014 at 20:23

Until recently we had a seed swap thread.  

Any that aren't wanted could be donated via  thread about "Flooded Gardens"

08/04/2014 at 13:33
08/04/2014 at 13:38
This a really lovely idea. I am trying to start a roof top garden and am a beginner to gardening. Part of the roof is shaded and part gets lots of sun. I would like to grow pretty flowers especially climbers so it is pretty sitting up there as well as giving us privacy but also vegetables and herbs I can use in the kitchen, if you do have any advice or seeds.

Thank you
08/04/2014 at 21:42

Thanks for all your interest, but since the crisis down south, I have decided that they would appreciate the seeds more. Hope everyone understands my decision 

08/04/2014 at 22:24

What a lovely idea Mark.

email image
20 messages