Start a new thread

201 to 220 of 1,697 replies

Busy-Lizzie

Only 2 days and this thread that I was enjoying has gone way back. So here is my greenhouse (well, half of it) with all my new babies.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/Busy-Lizzie/IMG_5092_zps3d1c449f.jpg

Busy-Lizzie

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/Busy-Lizzie/IMG_5108_zps964a9e00.jpg

A lot of the daffodils were blind this year. The forsythia is 22 years old and wasn't pruned for most of it's life so looking a bit woody in the middle.

Thinks!!! ( I will pinch some of those plants in busy lizzies greenhouse.....she won't know,it's me)
Matty2

How many bags of compost is that?

Advertisement

figrat

Lovely day today here in South Devon, so spent it stripping the ivy off the coving on top of the walls. And when I was up there, wobbling about on the top of the ladder, I thought 'I've never seen the garden from this angle before'. So took a couple of pics...

And here's a picture of the ladder!

Busy-Lizzie

Your garden is full of character Figrat.

artjak

Figrat, how lovely to have a garden on lots of different levels. Are you near Dittisham?

Matty2

That's a very steep garden Figrat, but how good to see it from a different point of view.

I would think it's full of colour in summer

figrat
Well about 20 miles away, but I used to live there, the house up from the Ferryboat pub on the river. Did you live there?
Wintersong

So much character and interest in your garden Figrat, always a pleasure to know it better

artjak

Figrat, I spent many months there in 1991 working on a large house set in about 70 acres. My assistant and I used to go to the Ferryboat. I met such wonderful people there, am still in touch with one of them. I loved the look of the place also

Bunny ...
Great pics again everyone
chicky

Figrat - love all that stone - must provide a great backdrop for plants.  Does your garden heat up like a walled garden in summer ?

BusyLizzie - wow - what a collection.  I guess your frosts are over (or do you have a GH heater?)

chicky

Also figrat - what is the red stemmed tree by the blue door ?  Stunning silhouette !

Advertisement

figrat
Thanks everyone! Yes it does heat up in the summer,in fact seems to have it's own microclimate. The tree's a Japanese maple, acer Senkaki, it's growing in a pot ( though think it's rooted onto the ground as well. Lovely in leaf, but I love the red winter bark.
chicky

Love looking at others pictures, so here are some of my own....

The last one is my daphne - which has been flowering since Boxing Day - a whole quarter of the year !  It makes me smile everytime I walk up our steps

Busy-Lizzie

Chicky, liked looking at your pictures. I have a little electic GH heater, 3 electric propagaters and a sand bed with a warm cable in it. That manages to keep it about 5° warmer than outside at night and the real babies have warm feet!

morning...beautiful photos.. good to see such lovely colours!

-Lizzie, had problems myself with blind daffs and tulips. One cause can be compacted soil, so when they die down, lift, fork over the soils add fertiliser and re-plant into the looser soil. It worked for some of mine...others I think I planted back too deeply.

The tulips I potted and forgot about...to my surprise found them with four inches growth... hope they flower.

Busy-Lizzie

Want to keep this going as spring is coming! Leonard Messel is out again.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/Busy-Lizzie/IMG_5110_zps7d06b5ca.jpg