London (change)
Today 14°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
22/05/2013 at 14:59
Thanks for reply Fairygirl. I'll have to come back to this problem - haven't done a thing today - isn't that the way when you've found like minded people to chat to?
Feel a bit peeved that the wonderfully immediate camera / photo facility on iPad can't be used on this otherwise great site.
Will look up 'photobucket' another time.
22/05/2013 at 15:22

I expect you can use your ipad on here Birdy- but you'll have to find someone who knows how to do it! 

22/05/2013 at 16:40

My daffs & tulips are nearly over, but the alliums are about to explode..

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee192/thebear843/Garden/file_zps457718ad.jpg

22/05/2013 at 16:49

What a fabulous photo of your garden and it's a lovely sunny day.

22/05/2013 at 16:59

Yes! Quite, quite lovely

22/05/2013 at 17:36

Thank you.

Birdy, go to photobucket website and register for a free account. You will then ned to install the photobucket app onto your iPad. You can then upload your photos from your iPad to your photobucket account wirelessly via wifi using your iPad.

Once they are on your photobucket account there is a way of copying certain information codes that you then paste on here. I do exactly this with my iPhone. There are folk that say the photobucket app doesnt work, but I can assure you it does, you just have to know what your doing. I can give you further info if/when needed.

22/05/2013 at 18:05

Leadfarmer, wonderful garden, my alliums are on the cusp of exploding too - so exciting

22/05/2013 at 19:56

Lovely pictures everyone, taken with that phlox chicky. Is the yellow and blue flowers a viola?Looks like I  have a similar bed to yours, the forget me nots have done very well.........I'm growing more

Looks a lovely spot KEF, usb ports are brilliant you can do a lot with them

22/05/2013 at 19:59

Leadf- lovely views of your garden.

I use the direct link from photobucket on my laptop which is quite simple once you get the hang of it.

KEF
22/05/2013 at 20:09

LeadFarmer what a lovely garden & pic.

23/05/2013 at 08:22

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24006.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

Birdy! That's from Ipad!

23/05/2013 at 08:29

Just click the tree icon, then select, opens your library, click choose existing, select your image, press upload, then press save n post! 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24007.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

23/05/2013 at 08:42

That's the same as on a laptop!

I had suggested using photobucket because there was a problem with this site and the photos came out small with whit edges. Normally you should be able to click on a photo here and it should enlarge, but the site has has problems with that too. It works if you use photobucket.

Pretty hanging basket Dean.

23/05/2013 at 08:43

Just clicked on Dean's photos and they do enlarge.

23/05/2013 at 08:51

Cheers Lizzy! 

23/05/2013 at 12:14
Hi everyone who's trying to help over loading photos when using iPad. I've no problem using any Forum or GW site generally with my iPad (I'm on it now). It's just loading photos which are so conveniently taken and stored with iPad.
I'm going to try photo bucket as suggested by other members and hopefully I'll come back with a great 'hooray!!!

. But where is this tree icon everyone refers to?
23/05/2013 at 12:37

Birdy, as far as I understand you don't get the tree logo on ipad, it should be on the line under 'Birdy 13 says' when you are typing a response.

23/05/2013 at 13:11
I have just discovered section of information in the Forum Help section entitled "How to format a forum message"

It is accompanied by two toolbars (including tree icon) which everyone has been referring to, which should be top and bottom of my messaging pane ... but FOR SOME REASON ARE'NT! - not just on my iPad but even on my laptop!

This looks like something all you lovely helpful Forum members should not have to waste any more time on. I'll have to ask GW website managers to advise why I (and a few other members it seems) seem to have a version of GW website that is 'missing some of its parts'
To spare members on this discussion thread any more aggravation about this matter I'm starting a new thread "Can't find toolbars, icons or post photos?" for those other members who have also been frustrated in this respect . I shall draw GW website managers' attention to it to see if they can help. Thanks again everyone.
23/05/2013 at 13:35

Birdy I know some people with ipads had problems with pix but it seems very odd that you have no toolbars even on your laptop. Is it something to do with the settings you have in general? Blackest (he posts on here regularly)is an IT expert so perhaps he can shed some light on it for you. You can private message him if he is allowing that on his settings but as you say, the website managers need to be informed about these issues.Very frustrating for you.

23/05/2013 at 14:08
Thanks Fairygirl.
I have emailed the web team but also noted Blackest's name for future.