Start a new thread

321 to 327 of 327 replies

Yes that's right Chicky, but they skipped a generation when the house was rented out - Dad was born here then they moved - so he was pleased when we moved in to continue the family link.

The Camellias were planted at the same time as the house was built in 1882, there are 4, one in each corner, each one  is a different coloured flower.

Edd
Pat E says:

Get well soon Edd. It won't have been pleasant, I imagine.

See original post

Just for future ref Pat, the white stuff on top of the last pick is called snow. It tends to come with low temps and energy bill price rices. 

Edd
Edd says:
Pat E says:

Get well soon Edd. It won't have been pleasant, I imagine.

See original post

Just for future ref Pat, the white stuff on top of the last pick is called snow. It tends to come with low temps and energy bill price rices. 

See original post

I think you missed the pun Pat. " I'll be out by spring"  Sorry.

Pat E

Edd, this one is for you 

i know some some of you have seen this before, but just so you know!

Fairygirl

Lovely pic Pat  

Edd - you're bonkers! You might be right about energy prices though... 

That's a lovely story GD. Just shows the longevity of some plants too - especially if they're happy in their spot. Beautiful pix  

Advertisement

Busy-Lizzie

Wow, GD, I didn't know camellias lived that long. Gorgeous.

That must have been a bit of a shock for them, Pat!

Pat E

Hi Busy. I think they just accept the weather the only way they can. We usually get a bit of snow each winter. Not always heavy, but often like the photo.  I was watching a couple of Roos this afternoon when the rain was a bit heavier than it had been and they just sort of hunched into a dome and waited it out. I looked out of the window a bit later and they were happily weeding around our shrubs.