Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

garden themed cruises

hey everyone! 

first post on this forum! image

ive been looking around on the internet and i came across this, http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-holidays/garden-cruises/

its for garden themed cruises, whcih might interest some people on this forum image 

cheers, Jad.

• as in cruising up and down the Thames ?or gardens that back on to rivers sounds interesting .

• Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892

I had a peek at the website given. These are tours to foreign lands...Morocco, Guernsey, Ireland, Norway, Scotland, St Petersburg, etc... Pippa Greenwood is leading one tour, and 3 other gardeners who have appeared occasionally on telly, are leading other tours.

I believe that last year, Alan Titchmarsh led one of these cruises, organised by the same company...

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-news/article-634/alan-titchmarsh-goes-cruising/

Disappointing that Monty isn't taking a group around the gardens of France or Italy. I always thought that would have been a great idea.

Many of the tours depart from Southampton. There are some attractive gardens in Southampton. We know of at least one. Not sure if that one is on any of the itineries. image

• Lyon Greene wrote (see)

These are tours to foreign lands...Morocco, Guernsey, Ireland, Norway, Scotland, St Petersburg, etc...

'Scuse me???!!!!!  "Foreign" ???!!!image

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Hehe I could cruise over the border to Scotland image
  • Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

All sorts of companies offer garden touring holidays and now the RHS is launching a new initiative with garden tour holidays.

If I did ever go on one, I'd want someone a bit brighter and livelier than Monty as a guide.  He can be a bit  "sackcloth and ashes" about the grander estates and more extravagant gardens.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato