Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Gardener's Garters

Does anyone have some offshoots of Gardeners Garters they'd be willing to pack up and post to me please?

I'm happy to cover packaging and postage and/or make a charity donation.

And yes, I do know that it spreads, but it's just what I need for around a tree stump in a wild (ish) patch. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Could nick you a bit from work Dove....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Fairy, naughty image

This doesn't look much in dry soil Dove, you may have to water it under a tree in Norfolk, (most years, not this one)

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

My GG is pathetic so I've taken the seeds and planted them up. If any take I'll certainly send you some...but not today obviously. image

• PosyPosy Posts: 3,601

I've never heard of it. What is it?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Phalaris arundinacea, variegated grass Posy

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,546

Think it doesn't much like being stuck in one placeimage I have some on a dryish bank, doesn't do anything much. I introduced a bit of it into the edge of the wet, silty streamside holllow in my 'Dell' and it loved it. Took off, romped away, in two or three years the whole area was covered in a sea of green and white that lit up the shade beautifully. But it kept trying to invade the paths and cross to the wild flower bank beyond and I kept pulling it up so it couldn't. The green and white sea slowly ebbed and faded away and now there are just a few bits here and there, sulking like it was before!

Last edited: 10 July 2016 11:37:04

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139
    nutcutlet says:

Fairy, naughty image

This doesn't look much in dry soil Dove, you may have to water it under a tree in Norfolk, (most years, not this one)

See original post

Plan is for it to be the other side where the tree is no more ... the 'stump' is faux .... a big chunk/log of the felled one, placed carefully at the edge of the sunny bed for aesthetic purposes (and to allow it to rot down for the bugs and beetles).

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• B3B3 Posts: 27,481

I have some. Will post a pic to make sure it's what you're after.

In London. Keen but lazy.