London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 5°C
21 to 40 of 47 messages
22/12/2011 at 17:23

Sorry !   What was the question ?

Lyn
22/12/2011 at 17:32

I love Carol, she is so inspiring with her enthusiasum, I love Monty and Joe as well and have followed a lot of their advise, my hub says Monty has made a lot of work for him and if he ever met him, well, best not mentioned!!!.

22/12/2011 at 22:30

I always look forward to Carol enthusing about her gardening.  Also, she does give wonderful advice regarding 'how to' cutting advice.

23/12/2011 at 13:35

Hello Jonus,

As you are such a fan of Carol, I thought I would give you some links for her videos on the website. Have a look at these:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/projects/creative-projects/how-to-rejuvenate-primulas/262.html

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/projects/creative-projects/how-to-lift-and-divide-snowdrops/309.html

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/projects/creative-projects/how-to-grow-camellias/58.html

I hope you enjoy them. It'll soon be time to divide snowdrops, as she recommends.

Emma.

gardenersworld.com team

23/12/2011 at 14:59

I also love gardeners world.. watch it without fail..loved the xmas special one too. Monty and Carol are by far the bet set of presenters for some time, Monty's garden is fabulous..just wish i had as much land to play with.

As said before Carol's advice on when to take cuttigns and plant seeds has been great for me. Keep it uo BBC abd cant wait for the Show to fill our screens with delights in the New Year.

23/12/2011 at 23:03

Three years ago, having just moved to Skye and initially with only a small garden, my daughter said 'Dad, you must watch Gardeners World....it's brilliant'. I watched it and didn't know enough for it to interest me! Now I have my own big new garden and I record it every week so I can replay bits of info that I didn't quite catch.   I wouldn't dream of getting involved in who is better than who because the show is very well presented and it is as much about content once you have such good presenters. I would love to see more gardening progs now because I just can't get enough....there's so much to learn I now regret starting so late in life!  Maybe a spin off every couple of weeks for beginners, and definately more programmes in winter. Keep up the great work GW.

24/12/2011 at 10:27

Oh Carol ! My little Kleinwort. You are /she is a favourite in our household, however creaky we may be. Enthusiasm, knowledge and practical. She faces the unforgiving natuer of gardening with cheerfulness and happines, in style and unremitting happiness. Bless her and may her sprouts flower constantly !

25/12/2011 at 23:59

I agree about more shows to air. Im a landscape Gardener and still learning every day.

We love our veg patch with 30ft polly and 10 x 12 green house but we are lucky than most. we are more into the old ways to make do with things instead of bying new .

Im really into propagation now.

MORE shows please BBC

17/01/2012 at 19:00

I love gardeners world and it really annoys me that it is always replaced in N Ireland on a friday night by rugby or football or any other sprot that comes along. Please stop doing this.

18/01/2012 at 21:37
I got told off at christmas, when my family wanted to record films they couldnt because I had filled the recording time up with GW from BBC & Blighty. Ha Ha
20/01/2012 at 19:51

I am afraid that I switched off from watching after the first few episodes. I couldn't put up with Monty's continual reference to box hedging.

It sadly seemed as though he couldn't make it through an episode without at least one mention of the horrid stuff.

21/01/2012 at 12:12

when is GW back on - I miss it!

23/01/2012 at 09:19

Hello Devon Gardener,

We understand it's Friday 9th March. In the meantime do enjoy our video projects:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/projects/video-projects/

If you use our new search facility (white box at the top of the page) you can match your viewing up with what you want to find out about.

Emma

gardenersworld.com team

24/01/2012 at 00:10

perfect birthday present for me

26/02/2012 at 10:15

I love my garden....not the best of gardeners I admit, but Monty Carol and Joe inspire me to try new plants, look at new ways to lay out my garden and just enjoy what does grow and not to get too upset about my failings, as there is always next year to try again. Just can`t wait for the new series in March but in the meantime I enjoy my magazine and am purchasing lots of new and adventurous plants and scrubs as I grow in confidence. The weekly tips are great too.....helps me keep up to date with jobs around my grden and its easy to check what needs doing. Keep up the good work.

26/02/2012 at 16:57

Am a great fan of GW too. Used to watch a lot of other gardening progs on Sky channels, but since getting rid of Sky, I only have GW to watch these days, so it is paramount that I catch them!

17/03/2012 at 00:15

I really enjoy watching GW. I find Monty very easy to watch and inspiring too. Please show more of Nigel - perhaps he could write a blog? No garden is complete without a pet or two.

17/03/2012 at 07:04

Hi - I think GW is a "must view" but what about tone-ing down the incessant "gushing" from all the presenters!

Everything is their favourite, the best, absolutely wonderfull, amazing etc etc. After a while it's condescending and valueless. Less gushing, more facts.

15/04/2012 at 20:23

I love GW but agree with Chancy and Eddie. Gushing is OK but you can overdo it. I do like Monty and Rachel, but I still miss their precessors, can't remember their names. Anybody know why they were replaced? I also think they could do a little less fancy camera work and a take a little longer shots on certain things, such as the supports that Rachel made for the sweet peas. Also, in the last program, I was really frustrated that Carol did not answer the question from the lady they featured who wanted to know what kind of compost to use. They use too loosely the term, because Carol did breezily mention that it should be sterile, for example, for seeding, and later on in the same program, Monty mentioned that for some other seedlings the compost could be "richer." Now the problem could be solved if there would be a compost corner on this website, but I cannot find one.

15/04/2012 at 22:12

Hi SwissSuze, I have just started a compost thread under 'Tools and Techniques'.  Hope it gets a good response for you.

21 to 40 of 47 messages