London (change)
Wed 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
1 to 20 of 37 messages
07/03/2014 at 14:31

GW returns tonight @ 8:30pm BBC2.

For some reason I've just done a random search on google to see when it would be returning, only to discover its on tonight! I could so easily have missed it as I've not seen any reference to its return on TV.

Looking forward to it.

07/03/2014 at 15:26

Same here! I've heard not a peep but searched and found it is on tonight!

I've missed everyone but especially Carol. She is fantastic at enthusing me to grow my garden without spending a fortune.

07/03/2014 at 16:27

lined uo on planner, i'll prob be in bed with tiny one so i'll watch it tomorrow, highlight of my week, i think monty is an antidepressant!!!

07/03/2014 at 16:51

Thank you Leadfarmer!  I'd have missed it too!

07/03/2014 at 21:12

Thanks. I would have missed it too. Had to reach for the subtitiles button when the sound disappeared half way through - very annoying! Great to have Monty and Nigel back.

07/03/2014 at 21:16
Daintiness wrote (see)

Thanks. I would have missed it too. Had to reach for the subtitiles button when the sound disappeared half way through - very annoying! Great to have Monty and Nigel back.

I changed to BBC2 HD channel, the sound was working okay there.

07/03/2014 at 21:49

Aah! Now why didn't I think of that  Well done!

07/03/2014 at 21:54

Yes, I went over to BBC2 HD 

There have been several tv adverts over the past week or so reminding us that it was starting today, and it's been discussed on here a few time 

07/03/2014 at 22:27
I want the garden in Wales but maybe with a little less rain ???? and the exquisite Pulmonarias ...oh and Nigel ???? !
07/03/2014 at 22:59

I know I'm going to be hated for saying this: but, in a half hour programme ( that's all we get ) wouldn't we prefer more gardening, and less Nigel?

07/03/2014 at 23:00

I think Crufts was on this evening, for those who love dogs.

08/03/2014 at 08:06

It's repeated on Sunday at 9:15 for anyone who wants to watch it with sound.

I was definitely dismayed to find Nigel in the opening shot.    I love my own dogs to bits but don't expect them to offer anyone useful guidance about how to manage my garden.

08/03/2014 at 08:07
Maybe you should look past Nigel in his very brief shots and look at the garden surrounding him instead
08/03/2014 at 08:10
obelixx wrote (see)

It's repeated on Sunday at 9:15 for anyone who wants to watch it with sound.

I was definitely dismayed to find Nigel in the opening shot.    I love my own dogs to bits but don't expect them to offer anyone useful guidance about how to manage my garden.

thanks missed it .

08/03/2014 at 08:51

Pam, Nigel seems to have more close ups than the garden / plants!!

08/03/2014 at 08:54

Love Nigel! More Nigel I say!

08/03/2014 at 10:28

I'm with Hostafan.  Too many shots of Nigel and also long unfocussed shots of Monty parading with his wheelbarrow.  30 minutes are too short to waste on anything except close-ups of plants and tasks and techniques with occasional general views of a border for the context of a plant.

Can't comment on the spoken content and advice yet as we had no sound but it's set to record tomorrow morning so I can catch up.

08/03/2014 at 18:19

I was really frustrated at the missing sound. I was only really interested in the wet garden topic, as I am about to buy some bog plants for around my pond. The damn sound went off just as Monty started introducing that bit of the show and came back on 10 minutes later, just as the item concluded. Couldn't find the sub-title button on my remote - doh!

Beechgrove returns on 6th April on BBC2 (3rd April in Scotland). I am really looking forward to that.

Sorry - I like Nigel.

08/03/2014 at 18:23

To clarify, I have nothing against Nigel, or any other dog. But ,as we only have 30 mins of gardening on telly a week, I'd rather it was ALL focused on gardening and not Monty throwing balls / close ups of  Nigel or anything "non-gardening". 

I have to agree with obelixx about the wheelbarrow shots, lazy production to have the same thing every single week.

08/03/2014 at 18:46

It is always a great wonder why those folk in 'telly land' don't make more gardening progs. I'd love to follow an allotment, or learn more about cuttings, or how garden centres work, or how to make better compost.....the topics are endless. It's not exactly a high-budget topic either, and the advertising revenue from suppliers (if not on bbc) would be huge. Missing a trick I reckon. I once toyed with the idea of creating a dating / friendship / companion website for single gardening folk looking for friends or a relationship... I wonder if one exists - not that I want to get rid of my other half of course!

1 to 20 of 37 messages