Start a new thread

1 to 17 of 17 replies

BobTheGardener

I just remembered Monty mentioning it's on today instead of Friday!

Well done BTG - missed the first 5 mins but never mind! Monty says no slugs on his Hostas ... he really is the Master! 

Mark56

Thanks Bob, Sky Planner had automatically recorded it although I expected it was a repeat of Friday's or something! 

Cloggie

I was unsure whether to watch it thinking I might ruin my Friday night - whoss going on?  Has it been moved to Wednesday?

Advertisement

Alas, tennis has finished BobTG, so it is probably another sport to take up our Friday night GW viewing.

Cloggie

I feel deflated, I build up to Friday night.  Now I'm all discombobulated!  Good job I recorded it, I can watch it again on Friday when the Tennis/other sport is on.  Trouble is I recorded it by accident I think (unless Sky was being motherly).  It's all so confusing! :)

BobTheGardener

I thought it was the Davis cup this time.  Just checked and it's golf instead.  The tennis is on for most of the rest of the day though..

Cloggie

If it is really inconvenient to have GW air on prime time Friday night, why not make it permanently Wednesdays?  We'd watch it wouldn't we ?  We'd record it or catch it on catch up.  It doesn't need to be Friday, that's just tradition.  

I'd rather see it every week than have it bunked for some other event.

Beat me to it BTG - just typing that! 

Golf though  ! 

BobTheGardener

Well, they took BBC3  off air and put it on the internet, so why not do the same to sport?  That way they can control who watches it and get reliable viewing figures.  Half of Europe watch freesat without paying a licence fee!

LeadFarmer

Better to reschedule it for a sporting event than to not air it at all.

Fairygirl

GD - it's only Wimbers that's finished - Davis Cup starts tomorrow  

Golf starts today, just half an hour down the road from me. They've got a good first day. Just lulling them into a false sense of security...

BobTheGardener says:

I thought it was the Davis cup this time.  Just checked and it's golf instead.  The tennis is on for most of the rest of the day though..

See original post

And it's not even live coverage of the golf.  The BBC pulled out of coverage last year, despite having paid to cover it!

Advertisement

Am I the only one here who enjoys tennis - it is far more interesting and stimulating than watching grown men chasing a ball only to find the score is nil nil at the end of the non eventful match! So now we have more tennis in the Davis Cup, but golf.....yawn! I am assuming that the BBC ratings for GW are quite low hence the changes, messing around and non event of the programme happening quite frequently.

NoraGW

Hi guys, locking this thread now to avoid confusing people.