Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Gardener's World discussed on Points of View

The constant changes to scheduled time slots and even cancellation in favour of snooker et al were discussed on BBC 1 this afternoon by two regular viewers.

If you missed it you could grab it on iPlayer ....

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks Dove image

I found it a pain, but thank goodness for catch up tv! I actually love watching all 3 gardening shows together on sundays image
  • Well atleast it's voiced a lot of people's frustration image

• I am pleased that I am not the only one who thinks we gardeners get short measure. In these days of increased awareness of the health value of gardening and fresh fruit and veg you would have thought there would have been an increase in gardening programmes or is it not sexy enough?

• It doesn't really bother me but that's because I never watch it 'live' anyway, I'm usually busy doing something else so have it on series link and I catch up.

Having said that, it is still frustrating that the BBC feel they can just move programmes around whenever they feel like it so I'm glad the point was raised image

• madpenguinmadpenguin Posts: 2,543

I can never understand that when there are so many channels available showing b***** all and endless repeats that programmes with a regular spot are moved or cancelled.

Why not put snooker,Wimbledon,Olympics or any other sporting event on a dedicated channel?

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • I reckon "live" tv will die out eventually anyhow, its just things moving ever forward! Then it will simply be a case of choose what you want to watch and when, no advert breaks, no having your favourite programme moved. image

Mind you i thought we would have sky cars by now too!image
  • On Tomorrow's World they promised us we'd all have Jet Packs by now image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• I remember thinking the internet wouldnt catch on! image