Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Gardeners world going to try an hour long

Hi Just got back from Gardners world live don't know if its been said else where had a look through the treads but Monty said this at 12pm in the gardners world interview tent that they are going to do gardners world for a hour as a trail round September October time towards the end on the current run and when back into March 2017 time.  The crowd where really happy hearing the news and Monty went on explain the filming process at longmedow wonderful talk with Jim

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

imageimageimage 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• JamesOJamesO Posts: 230

Thats what everyones faces were like , Monty even explained how he has two helpers at long medow a new guy just taken on very much learning the ropes and a more expericened chap.  As he was saying he is away quite alot filiming for Big dreams small spaces at the moment and was saying they could be  showing that before the years out.

Last edited: 19 June 2016 18:19:23

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

Hour long programmes will be great, as long as they don't just pad it out with more film of the dogs!  Nothing against the dogs, but the show is supposed to be Gardeners World, not Crufts Goes Wild.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Devon.

Thats the sort of thing Monty was saying rather have a good solid half hour as an hour is a different thing altogether he said so its very much a trail this.

• RedwingRedwing Posts: 1,511
    JamesO says:

Hi Just got back from Gardners world live don't know if its been said else where had a look through the treads but Monty said this at 12pm in the gardners world interview tent that they are going to do gardners world for a hour as a trail round September October time towards the end on the current run and when back into March 2017 time.  The crowd where really happy hearing the news and Monty went on explain the filming process at longmedow wonderful talk with Jim

See original post

Good news! image

Based in Sussex, I garden to encourage as many birds to my garden as possible.
  • Really pleased to read this James0 - although I agree with KT53 that lovely as dogs are they aren't the reason for the programme - however most programmes these days have an assistant or side kick and Monty's happen to be dogs.  It would be good to have a gardening programme during the winter too to while away those long, cold evenings.

yeah he asked people if they enjoyed gardening shows Late Nov/Dec or Jan/Feb time and Jan/Feb won the quick hands up vote and that was Montys preference

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Posts: 8,328

But she really knows her stuff, Chloe...  I like wacky people and therefore am a fan.  image

A longer programme might have room for more in-depth gardening stuff - trials etc, like they have on Beechgrove.  GW's content often seems very much dominated by what needs doing in Monty's garden, which may or may not be relevant to most of us suburbanites.

Since 2019 I've lived in east Clare, in the west of Ireland.
  • Missy KrissyMissy Krissy Posts: 249

Oooooooooh yeah!   Well I'm uber excited by the prospect of hour long episodes.. we seriously lack gardenping programmes so any addition to what we have is wonderful!  

On another note, when I first started watching GW Carol used to really grate on me and I'd do something else when she was on but now she's grown on me - I think she's terribly knowledgable and her enthusiasm is very infectious.