London (change)
Today 18°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 3°C
21 to 24 of 24 messages
15/06/2012 at 21:13
LeadFarmer wrote (see)

...I'd be interested in finding out the total attendance figures for 2012.

Another interesting statistic would be the number of exhibitors - both large strategic ones (Homebase, B&Q, David Austen, Peter Beales, etc), and the small nurseries. How have those numbers changed over the years (if at all).

I also felt it was interesting the contents of the show seem to have been deteriorating, while the entry price has been going up!

Have just seen the TV program. The density of visitors did seem very sparse. I can remember when the floral marquee used to be as packed as a tube train.

15/06/2012 at 21:33

Thank you Gary and LeadFarmer for your replies.

Ok from what you have both said I am expecting a similar set up to the Southport and Tatton Park shows I've attended the last 2 years. I'm still looking forward to my day out and will let you know how it went. 

Thanks again. Anna 

15/06/2012 at 23:02

Im sure you will enjoy it tattianna, dont let me influence your thoughts. It is a day out at the end of the day.

Watch for ticket touts near the entrance, I was approached by one claiming to be an exhibitor, before security moved him on. He was selling tickets for £15, no idea if they were genuine or not? If its dry, do the outside bit first, while you can.

16/06/2012 at 09:19

I went yesterday for the first time. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Even got to speak to Carol klein very quickly.  Spent loads in the floral marquee, but took a list with me and couldn't find a plant I wanted. Found most of the plants were similar and most would have been in flower now anyway. Didn't see any Hemorocallis, but not too worried.  Only spotted a couple of children in pushchairs and they were both asleep. . Rained a couple of times, but no prob. Throroughly enjoyed it. Visited food hall where I left the party I was with. Bought a couple of nice ornaments for the garden.  Didn't do one of the theatres. Food hall theatre open anyway, so could see chefs whilst  walking past, But GW theatre closed in. Took my trug trolley with me and filled it. Not sure the plant boxes on wheel would be useful round garden and my trug carried more anyway. Car Park £8. Travelled 3.5 hrs to get there then home again. So out of house between 6.30am and 10.30pm. Long Day, but well worth it for first visit.  Just surprised that there was little differences between some of the plant stands, average starting price for plants £6. But what was there was well presented. Had quick look round show gardens, but rain stopped viewing properly. But then showgardens not my thing anyway.

email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages