Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Gardeners World Live

Is anyone going to the NEC for the show?   I've been for the last 3 years and love it.

However I would prefer it to be just gardeneing and not food.

• I'm going this year after a 3 year gap.....I don't mind the good food show.....saves packing a picnic image

• We are thinking of going, is it worth a two hour drive to get there?

• Yes Steve, it's well worth a 2 hour drive image

• pavery026pavery026 Posts: 75
    I've been going for at least 3 years, and will be there this year. Mixed thoughts on the good food section, it's ok but it would be better if they kept the garden bit the same size as it was before the food section, and open another hall. It's still well worth the visit and a 2 hour drive. It takes me the same time a word of caution I have nobody to share the driving with so it can be very exhausting to drive both ways and walk round. So leave plenty of time to get back home.
  • I really enjoyed the show last year, but the highlight of the show for my Son was when he got to meet Simon King.

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,496

Are there any free tickets available from anywhere this year?

• tattiannatattianna Posts: 182

It's my first time this year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Lead Farmer...don't know about any free tickets but you can save 10% by quoting the code GWNE. 

Thanks, Ill be paying at the gate so I guess its full price then?

Well im at GW Live right now and what a disappointment, much smaller than when i last came in 2008. Empty spaces in the halls as if theres a lack of exhibitors? Hardly anything to see in my opinion. Spent most of my time in the Good Food Show.

Not many crowds either, which is either a good thing or an indication of a poor show? Just my thoughts.
  • Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892
    LeadFarmer wrote (see)
    Well im at GW Live right now .... Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the informed feedback.

The last time I went I found it disappointing, compared to some former years. I found myself buying stuff I didn't need, just to to avoid coming back empty-handed.

I was wondering if things might have improved at all, and wondering whether to go this year, or not. You've answered my question.

You've saved me £30. Thanks.