London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
41 to 47 of 47 messages
16/04/2012 at 08:48

If you have satellite TV or Freeview you can probably get Beechgrove which is on BBC2 Scotland on Thursdays.  If you live in the UK you can get GW and Beechgrove on i-player for the week after transmission.

I would love to see Beechgrove available across the UK as its format and content are different from GW and full of practical advice and trials to evaluate plants, techniques and products.   I'd also like to see more gardening on TV.

In the past we used to get series broadcast in winter to keep us going - thinks like How to Be a Gardener and GH's series on Paradise Gradens and Ornamental Kitchen Gardens.  We've had series on small graden design, front garden design, Hidden Gardens, Flying Gardener and many more from excellent presenters such as Chris Beardshaw, Alan Titchmarsh, Gay Search, Helen Yemm.  i don't see why we can't have more now.  It would make such an interesting change to the wall to wall antiques and bric-à-brac prgrammes that currently litter the daytime and early evening slots.

16/04/2012 at 09:52

Hello SwissSuze,

We don't have a 'compost corner' as such, but we do have plenty of projects and articles about making compost. There's a good list of ingredients in our basics project.

You'll find instructions on how to build a bin, and tips on making leafmould. If you'd like to find anything else you can type the word into our search box.

Enjoy it!

Emma

gardenersworld.com team

21/04/2012 at 09:52

Good programme last night

26/04/2012 at 22:19
Im very fortunate to make my living as a gardener. Ive been a long time fan of GW, since the early Geoff Hamilton days, and each presenter of GW does so in their own inimitable style. I adored Alan Titchmarsh for his sense of gentle humour and interesting jumpers! However, I couldnt take to Toby Buckland, though I cant explain why? Poor man - he just seemed to grate on my nerves. I was thrilled to see Monty is back, such a calm manner, providing the perfect foil for the other GW regulars. I enjoy gardening programmes generally but I love my books too...a great source of inspiration through a miserable wintertime.
27/04/2012 at 12:40

I too am a gardener, albeit retired now. But I still garden on my own plot. I have loved GW since way back during Percy's days days and it took a while for me to accept Monty on his own plot. but I don't mind him at all now. BUT WILL SOMEONE GET RID OF THAT AWFUL PATRONISING RDT. if she's reading off an auto q, it sounds like it has been taken straight out of a book and the way she patronises people, makes me want to hang her out to feed the birds, the carrion sort. I went right off her when she wore that awful rose outfit with matching shoes at Chelsea and just kept going on about breast feeding the new arrival. 

28/04/2012 at 13:32

Have to say I'm warming to Monty's style and his own patch is much better than using a prepared site. It is beliveable, he is working his own garden what he builds will stay. Particulary enjoying the pool saga which I am finding quite inspiring as I want a pond as well.

28/04/2012 at 20:37
I'm a novice gardener and look forward to my GW 30 mins treat every Friday night. I feel really reassured by the ' jobs to do this weekend' and love Montys style. Nigel is a star and I agree with a previous response re a personal blog for him!
email image
41 to 47 of 47 messages