Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Gardeners World

Hi  I would like to take this time to say how i have enjoyed Gardeners World this year 

I believe it is all because of Monty  He is a great gardener and Makes you watch him 

Keep up the good work Monty  

The last great Gardening presenter was Geoff Halmilton who i miss  

So Happy Christmas Monty and the team image

• I have to say I have really enjoyed Gardeners World, and the Christmas Special on Friday was very good. I really miss it when its not on. Monty you are brilliant, well done. I have to agree with Gracelane, Geoff Hamilton was also a great gardening presenter and greatly missed.

Happy Christmas to you all.  image

• Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Posts: 393 admin

Thanks Graceland and donutsmrs, we'll pass on your wishes to the programme team. Happy Christmas to you both, also.

• siannsiann Posts: 3

I am new to gardening and started watching gardeners world late in the year but I absolutely love it and it has helped me so much. Monty and the team are great. Will be making sure I dont miss it next year. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.

• I agree about Monty Don and the rest of the team but I do think that Toby Buckland was very good too I just think that the format was wrong which wasn't his fault. I used to enjoy a programme he did some years ago with his wife Lisa. It was called Garden Magic. Don't know if anyone else remembers it? I do miss Gardeners World when it's not on it's such a feelgood programme.
  • happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Being a great deal older than Monty I worry for him when he tackles thorny things without gloves on and pray his tetanus jab is up to scratch(sorry!).  I check he has stout boots on too.  It can't be because I distrust his abilities as a gardener because of his good looks, since the excellent gardeners at the Bristol Botanic garden are all very bonny, but something brings out the mother instinct in me when he is on!

• Am I the only person who thinks we gardeners are discriminated against in favour of the cooks amongst us?    There are cookery programmes almost every single day, all year round, on the television.    How often are there gardening programmes?    The balance is all wrong!!!

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

I agree, you have to search but they are there, gardengirl6.  The three part series on Botany from Oxford University Botanic  garden was very good and the one on Hidcote.  I love to see really exotic gardens in other parts of the world too and in places where gardening and growing vegetables is almost essential for living, like in Cuba.  The spices series I really enjoyed.

•  Hidcote I LOVE IT THERE 

• Hello from Belgium,

I've been looking at Gardeners' World for some ten years.  Monty is the best, but Titchmarsh was incredible as well.

• I agree with the comments made by Patrevlil about Toby Buckland. I found him to be an excellent presenter, very down to earth and ideal for older the novice gardener who has alot of catching-up to do and alot to learn. Please bring him back in some guise or other, either as part of Gardeners World or presenting a new garden series as Gardengirl6 states above to improve the number of gardening series on television.