London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
81 to 91 of 91 messages
01/06/2013 at 21:19

Eddie  - you are gifted and I am jealous of your skills and artistic eye.

With your permission I have just loaded your last pic as my desktop background. Very inspiring.

Have you submitted any of your work to "Wood Carver" magazine, or exhibited at all?

01/06/2013 at 21:33

Many thanks reiver.

I could always take a photo of the last piece in a nicer setting if you wish

I haven't submitted any of my work to "Wood Carver" magazine, but I have done two exhibitions. The first at a garden centre, where I did a demonstration weekend, and the second was at a month long art exhibition.

Also not so much an exhibition, as more of a tour, I have had a local school bring children to the garden to draw the various sculptures. I really enjoyed doing that, and it opened my eyes to look at the garden from a different eye line/height. It was interesting for me to see things from the perspective of a child.

In reference to exhibitions, I'm happiest just doing my own thing at home, and if someone happens to come past and take an interest, I'm quite happy to show them round.

The garden is very much an ongoing project, but I do hope to open it up to the public at some stage in the future when it is all finished.

01/06/2013 at 21:40

Love those log stacks Eddie. 

02/06/2013 at 19:48

As a failed creative I can only stand and admire your work  I like it that you include the youngsters into your world. If only one or two are inspired to follow their artistic dreams you will have achieved much more than most of us. Well done.

Please keep posting your pix, they are a joy.

02/06/2013 at 20:08

Eddie I'm jealous too, but you're an inspiration!

Here's my thrifty ideas. The cold frame is my deluxe custom-made version. Friends were  having an extension and throwing out their old double-glazing so I nabbed it.

The milk carton idea came from the Harrogate flower show. My work colleagues and neighbours saved me the cartons. It's my mini-living wall which covers the front of my old bath where I grow my blueberries. I'm planting it up with things that will trail down.  I also grow hostas in my old toilet.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24634.jpg?width=299&height=350&mode=max

02/06/2013 at 20:20

Well I'm reeling, not just at Eddie's marvelous work, but at the thrifty ideas everyone has. I'm working through them and making notes 

Eddie, what tools do you use to make the sculptures? I love them!

13/01/2014 at 13:49
13/01/2014 at 14:01

I made closhes to cover my veg beds using a couple of hula hoops cut open, covered with some recycled furniture packaging plastic, held on with pegs, total cost - £2!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/35872.jpg?width=200&height=350&mode=max

15/03/2014 at 22:03

I get the naff cheap ornaments from Charity shops for 10p to use as cane toppers, the more kitsch and naff the better. Saves eye damage, raises some smiles, kids love searching out new ones ( seek out the owl, elephant, etc) and money goes to Charity. Win win situation in my book! 

15/03/2014 at 22:16

Also I put all egg shells in an old baking tray in bottom of oven and when baked (when oven is next used of course!) crush them up and sprinkle round slug vulnerable plants.

15/03/2014 at 22:19

Freecycle and Gumtree are my favourites Lots of useful stuff being thrown out in  skips, pallets are greats as welll

email image
81 to 91 of 91 messages