London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
7 messages
12/07/2012 at 15:36

i would just love to here what gardeners honestly think of this programe by Alan Titmarsh and his crew, i know helping people is good but really come on ?  

12/07/2012 at 15:57
4711 wrote (see)

i would just love to here what gardeners honestly think of this programe by Alan Titmarsh and his crew, i know helping people is good but really come on ?  

Spelling 2/10-sorry

As regards the programme and trying hard not to be contentious or insensitive it goes down the DIY SOS route of finding the most "deserving cause"-then you have to wade through syrup and a load of sycophancy whilst watching shots of the family with their hard-luck story and what a tough time the family have had-so have thousands of others but they get on with life

Then they do a make-over where thousands of pounds of money is spent  to achieve an effect that would take a normal garden years -a lot of the stuff is donated by companies for a free mention but we are not supposed to know that.

There is the usual "will we get finished" on time drama but they always do and then you get the tearful reveal

At least Ground Force had a bit of humour thrown in and was great when Alan and Tommy had a big barney-this is the same format but like Changing Rooms does it relate?

12/07/2012 at 16:00

spot on Sotongeoff and i thought i wasjust getting insencative describes it to a T

12/07/2012 at 17:37

Personally I love the program and even as a once Gardener by Trade I have picked a lot of good hint's and tips from the series. I also don't see a problem with a program being made from stories of people with health/age related/ or any other problems everyone has a right to a nice garden they can relax in what ever their age/health or life history. Not everyone is capable or able to do the sort of work that Alan and his team do. But each to their own.

12/07/2012 at 18:02

I'm not really keen on A T's new programme, it is so much like ground force. The first series was really good and very interesting. I did set my virgin box to record the series but I've cancelled it now. It is such a shame because Alan is such a good gardener (though Geoff Hamilton was my favourite).  

12/07/2012 at 21:59

"Everyone has a RIGHT to a good garden they can relax in?" Oh really? No they don't anymore than they have a right to a nice house or a nice car or a nice holiday. My garden is very nice only because I work damned hard to make it that way. If I couldn't do it myself, I'd either pay someone to do it or move where I didn't have the bother. I'm fed up with these 'instant makeover programmes' so no longer watch them. I don't want to sound hard and I can hear the violins tuning up as I write but programmes like these aren't gardening at all.

12/07/2012 at 22:20

Like I said Paul N "Each to there own" 

email image
7 messages