Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 1,143 replies

figrat
Nearly ready for the off then! Root trainers going in dishwasher...
Miss Becks

Right! My first time, and been waiting for this post David. Thanks. Looking forward to the next steps.

Miss Becks

David, I have some seeds that leggi sent me. I only need a few for growing round my post. Wire is in position. I have lots of those square individual module trays, or normal sowing trays. Will they be ok?

Miss Becks

Okey Dokey. I'll message you my details.

Miss Becks

Morning David!

Yes, this is the case with my post, so am taking a gamble with my plan. I have cut a hole in one of those Morrisons Buckets, and put it over the post, down to the bottom. If it works, it works, if not, my neighbour has an axle grinder and the post will go!

I love an experiment.

Advertisement

Miss Becks

Ha ha ha!! You know, I looked at that when I typed it and thought it just didn't look right!  I also forgot that I needed to cover some pine headboards that I cordoned off a tree with (don't ask) to disguise them, so those will be directly into soil.

Miss Becks

Not to worry. Hopefully the other ones will be ok.

Your envelope has just arrived! Jess is looking and shaking her head! I don't think she can vision what they will look like.

Muvs Dashwood

I am putting mine in now. We also had a bit of a M Don thing with bought ones and seeds straight in the soil. It was so successful that we're not doing that again and putting them in now, using toilet tubes on top cos they're free. My father grew sweet peas for my mother every single year. It was the only cut flower she ever had.

figrat
And autumn sown and spring sown plants will go into the ground at the same time?
John mcleod
I grew sweet peas for the first time this year, sown indoors late feb, planted out in April - 2 days later a hard frost but they still survived! Anyway when they flowered I got flowers with nice long stems ideal for cutting..but as the summer went on the stems got shorter and shorter??? Does this usually happen. They became to short to cut and place in a vase