Start a new thread

281 to 300 of 1,143 replies

little-ann

My "Wall" of sweet peas today before i start to pick

yes i do need the steps 

Fairygirl

Cupani is one I've always grown David - not sure why I or when I first tried it and although it's small, it's really pretty , the scent is great and the colours work with what i like to grow elsewhere!

Ann  you must get a lovely wall of scent when you're near those! 

Fairygirl

David - I think that might be the reason I first grew them- the fact that they had some history. I knew they were amongst the oldest ones but not sure if I knew the whole story - or maybe I've just forgotten! It's nice to have something still growing well today after hundreds of years. Matucana is very similar and is often mistaken for it but I've not grown that before.

little-ann

fabulous David, i dont have the patiance to grow perfection for showing but i do love to see them

Advertisement

Ashleigh 2

If I sow only long stemmed varieties in different colours next year and save and sow the seed the following year, will the resulting plants all be long stemmed even if they don't come true to the parent plants colour?

Hi david glad to see you are back. hope you are well..my sweet peas that you helped me with were beautiful and they smell gorgeous I had never seen sweet peas before ,and i am now hooked. those are lovley little ann mine were not as well planed as yours ,maybe next season.     ta debra

Ashleigh 2

Hi, I am new to this forum and to gardening in general. I grew a mix of sweetpeas this year and they are beautiful but some are short stemmed and not great for cutting. If I sow only long stemmed varieties in different colours for next year and save and sow the seed the following year, will the resulting plants all be long stemmed even if they don't come true to the parent plants colour?

Ashleigh 2

Thanks David, your photo is beautiful, I  will certainly check out 'Eagle Sweet Peas'.

CluelessGardener

David would you please write the dimension of your pots down I have bought sum and would like to know if they are the right height. at the bottom of your trench do you add any horse muck to your soil.

James

CluelessGardener

yes pots for sowing I intend to stert digging my trench at the weekend and add three 3" post and then some green chicken wire thingy 

James