Start a new thread

321 to 340 of 1,143 replies

CluelessGardener

sweetpeas and pots ordered now David so at the weekend I shall be digging my new beds and adding post to the garden to fix the wire netting 

Netting fabric (like greenhouse shade) or the plastic netting the one with square holes that you use for fencing?

James 

CluelessGardener

I'm sowing today after buying JInnings No1 at the weekend 

I hope to dig my trench also this week wish me luck

CluelessGardener

not to late silly me

Just looked at bag and yes it's potting on compost I'm going to have to get SEEDING COMPOST no biggy as I have some other plants to pot on this week or should i say today now

Silly me, I just thought No1 was seeding compost my mistake ASSUME ass/u/me

lol

James

Advertisement

CluelessGardener

Hello david

just a quick update My sweet peas are all planted up now sow date was 24th November.

I check in on them this weekend but no signs of movement yet I'm thinking 21 to 28 days but it still I can hope LOL

mouse trap is sitting on top of news paper.

do you remove the mouse trap at the same time as the news paper ????

I will follow this post up with a photo tomorrow

James

CluelessGardener

Thank you David

I will keep my eye on them It's quite warm for this time of the year with little to no wind

James

CluelessGardener

They look fantastic David when did you sow yours

I sat mine in seed trays but filled about 30mm of grit just to keep the air flowing and placed my news paper on top of that. I've been out to the cold frame to today just to check no movement yet (I'm like a little KID with a new toy) LOL

question do you keep the compost damp after they have germinated or wait until it starts to warm up

James

CluelessGardener

HaHa you had me all excited then David thought they was this years

I will look out for those blue trays next time I'm at the market.

James