Start a new thread

381 to 400 of 1,143 replies

Orchid Lady

I will move them into the garage tomorrow David, thanks again.  I think I may well grow some more in March, I will spend more on some seeds and compare the results.

Orchid Lady
That looks quite expensive initially but for 100 seeds it's not bad, mine were ??1 each for Old fashioned mixed (35 seeds) and Singing The Blues (25 seeds).

I might treat myself, thanks again David.
Orchid Lady
Not good for air miles then I only bought cheap because I don't have a lot of confidence in myself yet and with so much to spend on plants etc didn't want to waste money, but I think you've persuaded me David and will probably order some
Orchid Lady
Ordered.....thank goodness for football distracting OH
Orchid Lady
Ha ha, no David, ??9 inc P&P is nothing compared to the roses I will be ordering really and if he wants a nice garden.........

Advertisement

Orchid Lady
I missed your other post re a discount before I ordered, never mind but thanks anyway.
Orchid Lady
I don't really need permission, I work too but he might get a bit stressed if he knew what all the beautiful plants cost
Busy-Lizzie

But would he mind spending some money on a new sofa if you needed one, or a table or re-decorating? Your garden is an extension of your house.

Orchid Lady
Hmmm....just have Lizzie and new bikes. He wouldn't really mind, I just don't want him thinking I've suddenly come on here and am spending loads, but we do have 2 new borders to fill after Friday
Ashleigh 2

Hi David, can sweet pea seeds be planted direct when it gets to 10C outside? If so does that mean the night time temperature must be 10C? I started some indoors last year, which got very leggy and also sowed some direct in late April but they soon caught up with the indoor sown ones and they all started flowering at the same time. I haven't got a greenhouse and indoors only a dull north facing window sill room temperature is between 15 and 22C. I have got a large root trainer seed tray and a large plastic tray, cling film and bubble wrap and was considering improvising a kind of cold frame with it. If I sowed in this outside now would the seed survive ok until it gets warm enough to germinate? I just want to get them flowering as early as possible. Sorry for so many questions.

Orchid Lady

Babies in the garage near the window so they get light