London (change)
Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 11°C
04/03/2014 at 21:28

I think Louise was doing a little experiment David, if I recall correctly and wanted to see if there was a difference between the seed compost and MPC, but now she has spoilt her experiment??  I think that is right 

04/03/2014 at 21:35
Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

I think Louise was doing a little experiment David, if I recall correctly and wanted to see if there was a difference between the seed compost and MPC, but now she has spoilt her experiment??  I think that is right 

I get confused sometimes, Tracy  ......thought this was to do with seed being sown too shallow & topping-up the pots wiv compost. 

04/03/2014 at 21:36

It was David, but I think she may have topped up with the wrong compost....I may be wrong as it has been known for me to get confused but I blame baby brain 

04/03/2014 at 21:40
Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

It was David, but I think she may have topped up with the wrong compost....I may be wrong as it has been known for me to get confused but I blame baby brain 

I agree, but I just wanted to assure her no harm would be done!

04/03/2014 at 21:55
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/DSCN0661-1.jpg

Winner.

04/03/2014 at 22:26

Beautiful David 

Your say, why don't you just go away and practice your use of the English language (spelling and punctuation) instead of waiting around to criticise and cause trouble!!!!

05/03/2014 at 07:15

Your say, have a look at what you clicked on - yes that is one of David's photographs which he has also posted (under his name) on another forum - that's why it's already on the net!!! 

And David has posted many many pictures of his sweet peas growing on this and on other sites and he is well known amongst sweet pea growers and show goers.

Doh!! honestly!!! Look before you leap or you'll end up looking a complete plonker 

05/03/2014 at 08:09

What do you 'end up'  Dove? Even as a techno-phobe I could work out this was David's 

05/03/2014 at 08:20

oh gosh so sorry if i've caused a fuss...tracey and david are both right.. sorry for my lack of capitals punctuation i have a feeding baby in my arms, i usually get v huffy about that but hard with one free hand... anyway, yes i was originally going to do an experiment half sown in seed compost half in general purpose, then,surprise surprise, didn't get round to it and used all seed, then yes david you're right, i did top up as worried i'd not given enough depth then worried i'd messed up whole thing as used general purpose! anyway thankyou all for your help and feedback,tracey you baby brain can't be as bad as mine, i appreciate all your comments and am very sorry if i've caused confusion

05/03/2014 at 08:22

Think we got there in the end Louise - no need to worry - enjoy baby - they're lovely at that age 

05/03/2014 at 08:25

Louise, you haven't caused a fuss at all so don't worry  I wish my 15 year old was a baby again, so much easier  And don't worry about your typing, I don't normally comment on that but sometimes when WUMs start picking needs must, I hope I didn't offend you x

05/03/2014 at 09:38

Louise, be assured you have been no problem at all. 

05/03/2014 at 16:41

'your say', I've found that ignoring trouble makers is the wisest option. However, in your case I need to make an exception.

You either substantiate your earlier accusation about my ownership of the sweet pea picture I posted, or apologise.......otherwise I will need to consider my options.

05/03/2014 at 16:50

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/Eagle%20Sweet%20Peas/P8060013.jpg

Gwendolyn.

05/03/2014 at 16:55

David - we all know you don't have to prove anything to anyone. 

Sad when people want to stir, isn't it?

Do you grow different varieties each year or do you stick with favourites? I grew Cathy last year - a cream with lovely scent, but was a little disappointed with the colour sometimes- it was a bit 'muddy'. Is there a white or cream variety you can recommend?

05/03/2014 at 17:13

i agree with Fairy you dont have to prove anything David You gave advice about sweet peas for many years on the bbc forum

05/03/2014 at 17:18

Your say has made 6 posts, only one of them about gardening and that one is rambling and incoherent, the others are mainly unpleasant or confused - I think that's all that needs to be said really.

Not worth bothering about - David - you reputation goes before you.  Ignore. 

05/03/2014 at 17:25

Thanks, ladies....sometimes it's hard to take when I  take nothing from this forum and all my efforts are to improve it for others.

Anyway.....Fairygirl, I grow mainly for cut flowers these days, so scent comes first, then appearance.  I still grow named varieties though....although I do sometimes view them from a judges perspective.

05/03/2014 at 18:38

david you've given me great advice already and i'm vvv new

05/03/2014 at 19:00
Louise Stevenson wrote (see)

david you've given me great advice already and i'm vvv new

My pleasure, Louise.