Start a new thread

781 to 800 of 1,143 replies

My sweet peas have been in the ground now for some weeks, but still not much is happening. They grew ok indoors, but now they just sit there. If anything, it looks to me as though the growing tips may be dying off, although the side shoots are looking a little more promising. They're all around three or four inches tall. I grew them in loo rolls and pinched them out to two sets of leaves. The ground is fairly moist, so I don't think they're thirsty, and the peas that I'm growing on the same support are doing much better.

I am wondering what I've done wrong, and if there's anything I can do to fix it. Perhaps pinch out the sad looking top growth to encourage the side shoots further? 

Thank you!

4thPanda

David, in building my support for the peas, do I need horizontals as well as verticals for them to climb up?

4thPanda

I'll be honest David, I'm not sure! I'm thinking wigwam but the sticks may prefer to go outward as the pot has sloping sides, so the top is wider than the base. It depends how secure they are in wigwam shape.

4thPanda

Will do  Thanks David, helpful as always 

Thanks David! I'll try to be patient. Not my forte!

Advertisement

I have the tiniest little 2 leaved thing growing in roughly the right area to possibly be a sp. Only 7 days in ground but maybe! Time for slug solution to be deployed?
Alas, my thing does not look like them. Thanks for the pic tho, now I know what I am looking for. Day 8 today and a nice gentle rain so that might spur them into action!
scroggin

Visited Wisley today, they have sweet peas in full flower in the large glass house. OL would have loved it as they have an orchid display at the moment too.

Orchid Lady

Aww, everyone is thinking of me when they see orchids LOL  I might have to pay Wisely a visit, will google where it is.

scroggin

OL its a bit of a trot from you in the North West as its in Surrey, luckily for me its only a 30 min drive.

Orchid Lady

Thanks Scroggin, I googled  Let's just hope the ones 'up North' are as posh with their Orchids when I eventually get round to visiting one 

Hi there this will be my first time trying to grow sugar snap peas, my stems are around 5/6 inches tall and are being grown in pots, in the last week have noticed some of the leaves have turned white and look limp what am I doing wrong

hi all, david, my sweet peas are looking ok but i haven't tied them into their supports or anything yet, i'm worried they may be too far away from canes-3or 4 inches,is this too far? should i tie them in?