Start a new thread

801 to 820 of 1,136 replies

Orchid Lady

Ok  David, I'll catch up.  I think I stopped reading that as I hadn't watched it and didn't want to read any spoilers 

Whoop I have seedlings- roughly a 50% germination rate at the moment, with one variety noticeably fewer. Slug traps deployed and support strings in place.
Busy-Lizzie

My sweet peas are, at last, starting to grow.

Regarding the hot climate question…. didn't I read somewhere that they are native to Sicily?

mine lookj like all survived early slug onslaught, just tied loosely in, all about 5 ins tall, just waiting now...

Advertisement

Busy-Lizzie

The average temperature in Sicily in Jan and Feb is 13° and July and Aug is 29°, so perhaps they grow earlier in the year.

Orchid Lady

The ones I grew indoors and planted out are doing great now, have lost a couple but on the whole they are growing really well.

However, the ones I have sown direct are only just peeping through and I don't think they will all germinate  Will they catch up, they seem so tiny I can't ever imagine them being big??

Wow, that's really something. Congratulations.
Orchid Lady

Fantastic achievement David and one to be truly proud of, I hope my buds appear soon too 

In all seriousness I think it is an achievement well deserved, if only for all the advice you've given us on here.  What will it be called - David? Or Mr Snail? 

Orchid Lady

18"?? That's about twice the size of mine 

Do we get a family and friends discount on David K Sweet  Peas?? 

Please don't be famous before the wedding- I haven't budgeted for sp advice!