Start a new thread

941 to 960 of 1,143 replies

Lyn

I picked these today plus 2 vases for my mum

Finally, this week, mine started to flower. I'm so relieved. I thought they'd never work out for me. Bit disappointed that they're almost all white. I'll try a different supplier next year I think!

Orchid Lady

Today's pickings......

And my sweet peas after the picking and a little trim.....I quite like the 'shabby chic' look but have found they are very friendly and are wrapping themselves around the other plants so have had to trim them slightly 

These are my 'Eagle' sweet peas, not very big or flowering yet but sown quite late.

They have 12' canes so won't be quite so shabby chic 

Orchid Lady

Until October David.....I've never done Autumn sowings before, but I'll let you enjoy the summer first 

Steve 309

Great photos.  We need smell-o-net!

Mine are flowering now and I'm cutting twice-weekly for the office.  I usually put some runner beans and nasturtiums in there too.  Definitely going to sow some in the autumn to get them better-established for next year.

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

Took a bunch of my sweet peas to my Aged Ps in their Res. Home this morning - they used to be one of Ma's favourites but she's a bit confused about things now, but the scent certainly reminded her of some things.  

Pa was very chuffed with them and thought I was very clever.  He loved the colours and the scent and has them in a vase by the reclining chair where he spends most of his time.  

I thought autumn showings might be a bit of a faff for me but I may try as only got a few flowers and we're into July, but disappointed so far, ones in back garden ok, looks like quite a few more buds, ones in front got shaded out by geraniums and eaten by the snails I didn't t manage to murder, wI'll stick to back garden next year

Orchid Lady

I'm going to do both David, but my spring sown ones have been flowering for over a month now, the later ones haven't though Rosemummy so you're not on your own.

just worried i'd have to be constantly on the lookout for extra months for mice slugs snails...would i put them in greenhouse?

Orchid Lady

I am going to put mine in the GH RM.

By the way, just said on Forkers I'd bit seen you.....didn't realise you were hiding with the sweet peas 

i'd love to hide in the sweet peas!

Orchid Lady

LOL RM, me too sometimes.....and not just for the smell 

Hi all GW noob is here. Myself and my fiancée have been building up some sort of order in this our first year of gardening in out first home. 

Sweet peas on the agenda - check

What you think

fidgetbones

Great,Shaun.don't forget to pick them.  The more you pick, the more you get.

Thanks guys. David sorry for being so "green" which parts are the tendrils