Start a new thread

1,101 to 1,120 of 1,143 replies

Hello all.

Is it too soon to sow next year's sweet peas? I want to try an early batch this year.

Thanks.

Orchid Lady

You read my mind ommthree, I was going to ask that because either new GW mag came today with the free seeds saying to sow.......what I always forget is that it's next months mag!!!  Thanks David for clarifying 

Orchid Lady

No coddling David.....promise 

Yviestevie

Hi Folks,

Ive been growing sweet peas for three years with mixed results.  I want to get quality seed for next year and start them in the Autumn.  I like most colours (except bright red)  I want them to look good but they must smell georgeous.  I could use the freebies in the mag but if there is something better out there then I would like to buy it.  Can you advise me on a good supplier and varieties that would fit the bill.  Im keen to make sure I dont repeat mistakes so that I get a really good show next year (weather permitting)

Advertisement

Yviestevie

Thanks for the recommendation David.  Ive ordered a packet of seeds.  They provide some good cultivation information too, so fingers crossed I'll have more success this year.

Yviestevie

Yes it was Eagle, I went for the Chelsea collection just my kind of colours. Hope the perfume is good.

Yviestevie

Well its probably more seed than I need but the colours are perfect.

Orchid Lady

Oh Yvie, I wish I'd know, I am posting my spare seeds tomorrow and I have some eagle seeds, I bought far more than I need 

Yviestevie

Never mind OL, Ive ordered now, but thanks for the offer.  Maybe next year we can pool resources and share a packet.  They are expensive but I'm hoping for good things. Which variety did you go for.

Victoria Sponge

I sowed a packet of Help for Heroes s.p's this year which were use by 6/11 and more than half germinated. Only got blues and whites though, the reds must be the weak ones

Hello everyone, I am quite new to gardening and managed to grow a good display of sweet peas from a tray of little plants, I was thrilled. However I would like to know what depth of pot should I use as I don't have a border