9 messages
03/08/2012 at 11:32

I've always been a fan of Carol Klein, respecting her for her depth of knowledge of her subject. She does have her critics who object to her bubbliness & over exuberance.

Well, I stumbled across this clip, this morning. This is Carol without the bubble & enthusiasm.....take your pick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUQ9QEcYa8

03/08/2012 at 11:59

I too am a huge fan of Carol Klein, have just watched the clip, thank you David, really enjoyed it.  I must say I love her enthusiasm and passion she exudes - she was a lot more reserved in the clip.  Good old Geoff Hamilton, another of my favourites he was one of the best presenters and he always reminded me of my dad.  I am enjoying this series of GW though and getting used to Monty Don. 

Thanks again David for posting the clip

04/08/2012 at 09:09
Love it!
04/08/2012 at 12:27

Lovely to see the younger Carol Klein, rather more subdued than now, I think I prefer the more mature Carol. In the clip she seemed in awe of Geoff, but then so would I have been, but I think he was the sort of man who would make you feel at ease.

Long may she be on GW, she makes the programme for me with her expertise and enthusiasm.

Have any of you visited Barnsdale, Geoff's garden? We went a number of years ago. It was interesting to see all the projects he did, very nostalgic, you could almost expect him to be working in the garden.

Thanks David K for the clip.

04/08/2012 at 12:51

David, what a find. As others have said, lovely to see Geoff Hamilton too.

I'm a huge Carol fan. I also love her taste in plants.

04/08/2012 at 13:38

I love Carol a real plants woman who knows her stuff. I am sure she was on ITV before the BBC as I have memory of her in Birmingham or Manchester either the parks or allotments the programme was about vegetables.
The difference at Glebe Cottage then and now is quite dramatic, the bushes in the clip now mature trees and the lawn has vanished, less crowded back then you cannot move for pots these days. I cannot argue with that, as you get older pots are much easier to work on and the garden can be changed by adding or removing pots in bloom.
Thanks David, nice to see Geof again too.

Frank.

04/08/2012 at 14:40
lovetogarden wrote (see)

Lovely to see the younger Carol Klein, rather more subdued than now, I think I prefer the more mature Carol. In the clip she seemed in awe of Geoff, but then so would I have been, but I think he was the sort of man who would make you feel at ease.

Long may she be on GW, she makes the programme for me with her expertise and enthusiasm.

Have any of you visited Barnsdale, Geoff's garden? We went a number of years ago. It was interesting to see all the projects he did, very nostalgic, you could almost expect him to be working in the garden.

Thanks David K for the clip.

Well yes, I have had the pleasure of visiting Barnsdale. For those who haven't maybe you will like to see these pics I took there.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/Barnsdale/?albumview=slideshow

Interesting to note that peeps who love Carol usually feel the same about Geoff.

04/08/2012 at 15:03

Carol is my favourite to. She didn't seem too comfortable in the clip, and a bit camera shy. Not like she is now. I love her exuberance and simple way of explaining things. Loved her series and wish she would do another. Thanks David.

04/08/2012 at 15:10

Enjoyed the pics David.  I think i will have to take a trip the Barnsdale

email image
9 messages