Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

GWF Day Out: The Beth Chatto Gardens, Colchester: Sunday 10 Aug

As per the East Ruston thread, we're planning another trip. http://www.bethchatto.co.uk So there's Topbird Dove Nut is a maybe Panda? Can you do? Chicky and Artjak are nos due to date (very sorry!) Who else?

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 954
    Ooh sorry, my mail has come out as one long sentence. Must be due to basic editor. Hope still readable.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I can make sense of it Snoodle - looking forward to another outing in good company image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I'm spitting feathers...image But I will get to see it another day.image

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Have a great time - take lots of photos image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I'm a bit iffy Snoodle. Lots on in August and a b......y long wayimage. But have a good time all and I'll join you on another trip if I don't make this one.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

If I lived in England I would love to come. Green with envy! image Also that's the day of my grandson's baptism.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.

Bumping up! image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

Bump again, must see Beth Chatto's if poss. Has anyone read the book where she and Christopher Lloyd (Great Dixter) write to each other?

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.

I've a vague recollection (and I may be mistaken) of hearing it serialised on Radio 4 many many years ago, but I've never read it.  One for the list .... 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I won't make it. I knew the date had something on. I'm feeding tea and cake to the old motorcycle 'boys'

see you all at another bashimage

In the sticks near Peterborough