Start a new thread

281 to 300 of 312 replies

Things are certainly not good. 

B3

Why do I find this picture so disturbing? 

Can you get  eyeworms? 

Iamweedy

And this thread is titled  "have a giggle" ??  You cannot be serious!  

B3 says:

Why do I find this picture so disturbing? 

Can you get  eyeworms? 

See original post

You're not the only one!

As to the eye condition, I'm sorely tempted to say something but I WILL RESIST!

Did you see photos of the... warm welcome he received in Hawaii?

Advertisement

This "Petty", "Obnoxious" etc, covfefe man appears all too ready to start another war.  There's much one can laugh about the inarticulate president but his thirst to show how "big" he is cannot be ignored.   Worrying! 

It's almost unbelievable, of course, but I can still laugh at his ..inadequacies.  Did you see this, when he was about to visit France?

The tweet didn't attach! 

It simply said: " It is be the first time in history that a president of France speaks better English than a president of America."

The second attachment was a picture of the de-activated (by a Twitter employee!) account of the president!

I read about the de-activation of his account too.  People want the man who de-activated it to be given the Nobel Prize for Peace!

Did you see this?

Iamweedy

Yes! That is about right.

I Agree lol

Received this today from a female cousin.  Hope nobody takes offence.

B3

I'm thinking that all of the resignations and sex scandals should improve the proportion of women in top jobs . Although Pritti women might skew the figures

KT53 - certainly not offensive - I think she's quite right - no one likes to be ignored after all

What an unusual and fascinating thread this is!  At first, I imagined this was for ha! ha! belly laughs but I was soon disabused!  This is so much more! 

At times, I had to concentrate quite hard on the implied meaning where anxieties relating to political events, lies and obfuscations are satirically referred to.  Not always overtly political, of course, but mostly so.  I suppose most things in life are political. 

It has made me THINK and occasionally giggle.  Thank you to all those who contribute material to it.

Advertisement

A few quotes from famous people.

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.'

- Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: - 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen.

I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement.

- Mark Twain

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible.

- George Burns

Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.

- Victor Borge

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

- Mark Twain

josusa47

I like two remarks about Wagner:. one attributed, I think, to fellow composer Rossini:. "Wagner's music has some wonderful moments, but some terrible quarter-hours", the other to Mark Twain:. "Wagner's music isn't as bad as it sounds."

Some Brexiters, it seems, following the very overt resurgence of the conspirators Johnson-and-Gove, and mates- like Patel, who openly disregard the PM or even bully her, are bold enough now to stop telling us the usual lies.  (I do know Priti has, for the moment, lost her job; but, she has mates in the Brexiters’ ranks….)  They’re feeling so secure that things are going exactly their way, that without any hedging or embellishment, tell the Great British Public what sort of Brexit they’ll put up with and who should have to pay the price! 

You guessed it?  Yes, the Great British Workers (and their families, of course) whom employers must be allowed to hire and fire at will.

Everyone, who watched Dyson-of-the-plastic-hoover on the Marr programme this morning, knew that, of course.  Yes, that great patriot, who shifted his business to Malaysia to avoid compassionate employment laws and taxes.

I’m sure all employees of any business who voted OUT are now splitting their sides laughing!   

Last edited: 12 November 2017 16:03:35

"data:i

Last edited: 13 November 2017 21:45:47

Something ... amazing happened there!  However, there were supposed to be some angry tweets in response to the patriotic bussinessman's interview.  Stefania's anger is more than evident!

Bill Esterson‏Verified account @Bill_Esterson Nov 12

Replying to @BBC_Joe_Lynam

Shame the interviewer didn’t ask Dyson how the roads, rail, broadband and energy infrastructure his business relies on would be paid for without taxes. Or who would pay for health and education for his staff

Adam John Paul‏ @CPTNBEEFHEART82 Nov 12

Ex Council houses privately owned now and they probably struggling to pay the rent and they go and vote for Christmas like a turkey because they got told a pack of lies about 350m a week going to the NHS instead

2 replies 10 retweets 79 likes

    t o m 🎅🏻‏ @td_rules Nov 12

Yep. But I should say, it's not their fault. It's up to everyone who opposes ultra Thatcherite deregulation via Brexit to show them there's something better.

5 replies 0 retweets 9 likes

    Stefania Barutta‏ @SBarutta Nov 12

Bollox to that, it is their fault, they effing voted for it! If they are too stupid to work out that Bojo and Gove were not looking out for their best interests than they deserve everything they get!