London (change)
Today 20°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 14°C
6 messages
02/03/2014 at 17:38

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forum but been using this site for lots of my gardening ideas and projects for a while now and love it! (Thanks GW ) My first post was an ID request- and I'm sure I'll be posting many more of them- and it was answered very quickly by some very lovely and helpful people - so the forum's looking good too so far  

I'd describe my self as an amateur gardener and I've tried a few different things with my wee patch and have always got my eye out for something else I fancy. Yup, greedy guts. So I'm planning to update my profile with more info about location and aspect and what I'm working with etc, and hopefully bring together a whole bunch of these notes that are cluttering up my desk - and brain.

What I'd like to ask is 'wur aboots' on the forum I might post a bit of an overview, maybe with some pics if I'm feeling brave, and put it out there for general advice on design, plant choice and care and especially low budget, high impact  things I might do straight away? 

All chat welcome and cheers for reading.

02/03/2014 at 17:48

Hi siamcat - there's a Garden Gallery thread for posting general  pix of our own gardens, and if you look at the forum topics you'll see a general list of places to put different threads. For instance, you mention design, so you could put any questions under the Design heading. You'll see threads with titles like 'what can I put in a shady border by a garage?', so you might just put that under Plants.  

That said, you'll find if you just ask have a query about something, it won't really matter where you put it, as long as the heading is clear enough!  

02/03/2014 at 18:11

Hello thesiamcat

Nice to have you on board.  

02/03/2014 at 18:12

Hi thesiamcat, welcome to the board and hope you find everyone as welcoming and helpful as I have.  It's a great place for advice, although being a newbie I'm not very good with advice at the moment but happy to chat and ask for advice 

02/03/2014 at 18:27

Hi thesiamcat

02/03/2014 at 19:39

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for replies.  I'm on the case

Happy Gardening.

email image
6 messages