Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Hello Forkers . November 2017

Morning all. 

Guess who can't sleep?

Devon.

• Morning Hosta.......thanks for starting ......I had already posted this on the old one... doh!

Morning all g'day Pat .Well another GBBO is over .......the best  baker won on the night .....so glad I'm not a twitter user .....will Pru , I was never paid so much to eat cake, get a red card for her faux pasimage

Weather is crazy here ...rain(I knowimage)  and no sun for the last week.....only bright spot on the horizon is my BH is back from the sanatorium tomorrow complete with leech and suction marks all over her image

• Pat EPat E Posts: 12,316

Thanks Hosta for putting November up. I think I’ve caught your sleep pattern. Haven’t been able to nod off the last two nights until very late.image

morning Dacha.

The wind blowing down the chimney today is driving me crazy!   We haven’t had the fire going for several weeks, but the continual echoey noise would drive anyone to drink  And we don’t. 

S. E. NSW
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Morning all .....November already image  

Its now only 9 more sleeps til we go.  Starting to get so that the list of jobs to do before we go (which still includes making C********s puddings and getting tulip bulbs in pots) is getting shorter than the lst of things I must remember to pack.  Did I ever mention that my life revolves around lists image

Thank you for your kind offer Pat - will certainly PM if there are things I need to know (in fact there is one on the way now).  We are travelling around a bit ....Adelaide-Cairns-Brisbane-Sydney-Uluru-Melbourne-then back to Adelaide .....but don’t think that takes us near you.  Didn’t realise just how vast your country is until we rejected a trip to Perth on account of the 6 hour flight image

Bilbao sounds interesting - so much for the vegetable rich mediterranean diet image

Hoping Pdoc and Mrs Pdoc have a good day today .....take them one at a time ....((hugs))

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Morning all .....November already image  

Its now only 9 more sleeps til we go.  Starting to get so that the list of jobs to do before we go (which still includes making C********s puddings and getting tulip bulbs in pots) is getting shorter than the list of things I must remember to pack.  Did I ever mention that my life revolves around lists image

Thank you for your kind offer Pat - will certainly PM if there are things I need to know (in fact there is one on the way now).  We are travelling around a bit ....Adelaide-Cairns-Brisbane-Sydney-Uluru-Melbourne-then back to Adelaide .....but don’t think that takes us near you.  Didn’t realise just how vast your country is until we rejected a trip to Perth on account of the 6 hour flight image

Bilbao sounds interesting - so much for the vegetable rich mediterranean diet image

Hoping Pdoc and Mrs Pdoc have a good day today .....take them one at a time ....((hugs))

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Morning all!

Morning all. I’ve responded Chicky image. You’ve certainly planned to cover a bit of the country.  You’ll find a few different climates in your list.  Sounds very exciting.

S. E. NSW
  • Good morning all image  

Thank you Hosta ((hugs)) 

Chicky, life is getting exciting image

Its dry today with a pale blue sky with pinky edges. I've a dental checkup today so have some shopping planned in the city. OH is coming too and we may well have lunch and a pint in The Lamb Inn in the city centre. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Morning all/afties Pat. Are you a bit weary today? 

Where on earth did October go? I must be getting old...it's all going too fast  image

Bake Off was lovely. I think Prue's been an absolute delight the whole way through. I don't care if she slipped up - no one died. Is it really such a big deal for people if they know who wins before they watch it? image

As the comedienne Zoe Lyons once said -  as I get older ,  I care less and less about more and more!

Hope Hosta got back to sleep...

Is it so exciting chicky, that you named it twice?  Oh no - that's somewhere else isn't it?  image

Have a great time when you're there  image

Wet and manky here - that time of year though. We seem to have a weather warning for heavy rain. Not sure why that's really necessary. 

Better go and get myself  ready for t'mill. Catch you all later - have a good day all.image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Morning all. Evening Pat.

As Fairy said, wet and manky.image

Chicky, it seems an age since you mentioned going to Oz. Chicklet will be looking forward to your arrivalimage

SW Scotland

Fairy, yes I’m tired. I even had a little period of closed eyes and heavy breathing on the lounge this afternoon while I was supposedly watching an artist on Youtube. imageimage

Hi everyone. Have a good day.

S. E. NSW