Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

HELLO FORKERS! part two

Here we go again .............. join in folks! image

Here's a link back to the previous Hello Forkers thread

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/hello-forkers/147687-2959.html

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Bushman2Bushman2 Posts: 548

Morning Dove, hope your not getting too badly hit with this storm. for once Scotland avoiding the worst.

• Morning Bushman - you're quick off the mark this morning - must be the coffee image

We're not really suffering so far thank goodness - the forecast for this far east isn't too bad - some strong gusts making noises in the chimney, but that's about all at the moment - and at least it's dry. 

A friend down on the Cornish coast near St Agnes is hanging onto her hat!!! image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

You know the distinct disadvantage of working from home... too close to the biscuit jar! Fortunately for some strange reason I haven't been shopping recently so it isn't that full. image Silver linings and all that!

I am very grateful that I was sensible enough to have savings. Now if only I could be sensible enough to STOP NIBBLING AT FOOD IN THE KITCHEN. I am going to have to put a lock on that door at this rate.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Morning ( again ) all. 

Still hideous here.

Can we please have some Spring? or even just some sunshine?

Devon.
  • We have spring here Hosta - the verges of the road into the city are covered with purple crocuses - think they're tomasinianus;  around the warty bowls of the big lime trees there are the smiling faces of the wild celandines, and the purple-leaved prunus trees which people in the big old houses seem to use for screening from the road are covered in blossom which is drifting in the wind like snowflakes - definitely spring here image

flippin' 'eck. It must be bad out there. For the first time since it was erected, the local wind turbine has had the brakes applied due to the high wind.

Devon.
  • You'd better stay indoors then Hosta - don't want you getting blown across Dartmoor!!!

they must have just stopped it for checks , it's off again like a whirling Dervish.

Devon.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Two of them out at tMorwenstow snapped right off at the ground a couple  of years ago in the wind.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.