Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

HELLO FORKERS April 2016 Edition

White rabbits White rabbits! 

Good morning everyone image  It's April already and the dawn chorus is almost deafening out there image

Here's a link to last month's thread http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/hello-forkers--march-2016-edition/929583-92.html

Now chat away ..............

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 12,316

Hi Dove. Good to see the new month start.

weve had a lovely autumn day here. Even got a couple of loads of washing out,

Cut some lavender - should have harvested late January, but not feeling up to it then. Anyway, I've still got heaps from last year.

hope you Mum has had a good night.image

S. E. NSW
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Morning Dove, Pat and others. Hard to believe that a quarter of the year has gone!!

SW Scotland
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

G'day Pat image 

Here's a bunch of April flowers for the first post on the thread image

(well, they're April flowers here anyway).

I'm sure Ma will have been comfortable - the  doctor and nurse visited yesterday and have done what is needed to ensure pain relief is available for her.  She is incredibly well cared for - we are so fortunate. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Thanks for thevflowers, Dove. It's not really fair to let me win it since I've been up for hours and you are all just waking up.  I'm glad your Mum Is being looked after so well. Such a relief for you and the family. image

hi Joyce.

S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Well, we'll give Joyce a bunch of tulips too

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Just my colours too!  Really cheerful.

SW Scotland

Lovely flowers Dove. 

The washing is all in now, before the afternoon mist rolls down the mountain.

Have been playing jigsaws on iPad (Jigsawplanet).  Such fun. I selected from the ones that were from paintings. Lovely paintings of Provence and other "exotic" places - well to me anyway. Great fun - a good time waster.image

S. E. NSW
  • Snow MaidenSnow Maiden Posts: 862

Just managed to read back and catch up on all the news. Dove so sorry to hear about Ma, it must be very comforting to you to know that she is in such a kind and caring environment, my love and thoughts are with her , you, Wonky and all the family x

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

G'day all.

Had to scrape ice off the car, but have now done the SM.

Hope your mum remains comfortable Dove. You hear so many horror stories about care homes, so it is nice to have a good news story, if you know what I mean.

Hope to start emptying the greenhouse today, as there are seedlings that need to go in there.

Have a lovely day.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border