Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Hello Forkers in December

Hello all image  December is here ... A pinch and a punch and white rabbits and all that stuff .... and .... Happy Birthday Hosta ... Have a lovely day of sunshine ((hugs)) xximage

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• It was freezing hard when we came to bed last night but it doesn't look as if it's freezing out there now ... It's a bit rainy but it feels jolly chilly. Wrap up warm folks .... Brrrrrrr

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Morning all!

There's some very disappointed school children this morning! The snow hasn't settled here. Just bitterly cold!

You'll all be pleased to know that as I'm on leave I only glance my emails for emergencies (which I shouldn't need to do) and so haven't seen the bosses one.

Which is such a shame.

Right; time for a shower and breakfast. 

• Pat EPat E Posts: 12,316

Rain here too Dove.? Happy December everyone.

S. E. NSW
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Morning peeps - afties Pat - Happy December. Where did the year go? image

Still frosty here but the cloud is moving in.  Nice hot cup of tea going down well - the first of many  image

I think we need a shivery smiley image

Keep ignoring the emails Clari - it's the way to go image

Happy 'Hosta' Birthday. Will he have cake do you think? image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Happy Birthday Hosta image

Morning all.

A very hard, sparkly frost today.

SW Scotland
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Just had a quick read back of the end of November thread. 

After The Goldrush is easily my favourite Neil Young album doc, and one of my all time favourite albums. Far better than Harvest. He was superb in concert when I saw him a 'few' years back. A very gifted and under appreciated writer - here anyway.

Don't be out shovelling - take it easy!  image

See you all later ....

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Morning all. 

Another day of gentle toasting for us. 

thanks for the birthday wishes

Devon.
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Posts: 3,845

Happy birthday Hosta, have a great day

chilly night again, havent been able to read back yet, have a good day

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • Fairygirl says:

Just had a quick read back of the end of November thread. 

After The Goldrush is easily my favourite Neil Young album doc, and one of my all time favourite albums. Far better than Harvest. He was superb in concert when I saw him a 'few' years back. A very gifted and under appreciated writer - here anyway.

Big fans here too, and my son who works in the music industry is also a huge fan image

Hmmmmmmmm .... sleet image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,028

Morning all.

Have a lovely birthday, Hosta.

I rather hoped for snow, but for people who go to work it must be a relief. This is a warm cottage, gas heating, and the shop, butcher and doctor are just a short walk away.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.