Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 548 replies

Dovefromabove

Hello all   December is here ... A pinch and a punch and white rabbits and all that stuff .... and .... Happy Birthday Hosta ... Have a lovely day of sunshine ((hugs)) xx

Dovefromabove

It was freezing hard when we came to bed last night but it doesn't look as if it's freezing out there now ... It's a bit rainy but it feels jolly chilly. Wrap up warm folks .... Brrrrrrr

Clarington

Morning all!

There's some very disappointed school children this morning! The snow hasn't settled here. Just bitterly cold!

You'll all be pleased to know that as I'm on leave I only glance my emails for emergencies (which I shouldn't need to do) and so haven't seen the bosses one.

Which is such a shame.

Right; time for a shower and breakfast. 

Pat E

Rain here too Dove.😃 Happy December everyone.

Fairygirl

Morning peeps - afties Pat - Happy December. Where did the year go? 

Still frosty here but the cloud is moving in.  Nice hot cup of tea going down well - the first of many  

I think we need a shivery smiley 

Keep ignoring the emails Clari - it's the way to go 

Happy 'Hosta' Birthday. Will he have cake do you think? 

Advertisement

Joyce21

Happy Birthday Hosta 

Morning all.

A very hard, sparkly frost today.

Fairygirl

Just had a quick read back of the end of November thread. 

After The Goldrush is easily my favourite Neil Young album doc, and one of my all time favourite albums. Far better than Harvest. He was superb in concert when I saw him a 'few' years back. A very gifted and under appreciated writer - here anyway.

Don't be out shovelling - take it easy!  

See you all later ....

Hostafan1

Morning all. 

Another day of gentle toasting for us. 

thanks for the birthday wishes

Happy birthday Hosta, have a great day

chilly night again, havent been able to read back yet, have a good day

Dovefromabove
Fairygirl says:

Just had a quick read back of the end of November thread. 

After The Goldrush is easily my favourite Neil Young album doc, and one of my all time favourite albums. Far better than Harvest. He was superb in concert when I saw him a 'few' years back. A very gifted and under appreciated writer - here anyway.

Big fans here too, and my son who works in the music industry is also a huge fan 

Hmmmmmmmm .... sleet 

Busy-Lizzie

Morning all.

Have a lovely birthday, Hosta.

I rather hoped for snow, but for people who go to work it must be a relief. This is a warm cottage, gas heating, and the shop, butcher and doctor are just a short walk away.

Hostafan1

We've met a couple here from Lancashire. In their 60s and they're planning their 3rd Enfield bike tour of India. I'm verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry tempted. I MUST get my enfield on the road this year. 

They've traveled the length of Mexico on Harleys and this year they did Route 66. Maybe I should mention the Great Ocean Road . Now that would

e a bike trip to remember.

Lyn

Gosh, I’ve never seen the bike outside😀 don’t let it get dusty.

Happy birthday sweetie, have a lovely day. There’s an e-card waiting for you. x 

Last edited: 01 December 2017 08:45:38

Hostafan1

I've just seen the ecard Lyn. bonkers but lovely , just like you . xxx

The bike only came our from under the dust sheet for the photoshoot then went back indoors. 

Advertisement

Hostafan1 says:

Maybe I should mention the Great Ocean Road . Now that would be a bike trip to remember.

See original post

It comes under the heading 'if not now, then when?' Go do it 

punkdoc

Hi all.

Bitter outside, but far less snow than I thought there would be.

Have never managed to see him live, something I am still hoping to do. There is a wonderful U tube video, shot at Bob Dylan's 30th anniversary tour, featuring: Dylan, Harrison, Young, Clapton, Petty and Mcguinn, singing My Back Pages, simply magnificent.

Love the sound of the long bike ride, Hosta. Beautiful bike.

Obelixx

Happy birthday Hosta!

I have a friend in Belgium whose motley crew of mates organises an annual road trip.  They fly the bikes in freight and then fly themselves in and "do" an EU country - Ireland, Norway, Italy and so on.  He always comes back craving steak frites.

Frosty start but sunny.  We're off to the fish section of the market at La Roche today and then on to the fabric shop to get doings for the curtains.  DIY shop yesterday did not have matching poles, supports and rings......

The tiler has called.  He'll be here on Monday to do start on the annex floor.  Only been waiting 6 months for him to have a free slot!

Dovefromabove
punkdoc says:

... There is a wonderful U tube video, shot at Bob Dylan's 30th anniversary tour, featuring: Dylan, Harrison, Young, Clapton, Petty and Mcguinn, singing My Back Pages, simply magnificent.

Love the sound of the long bike ride, Hosta. Beautiful bike.

See original post

A very important record in my life   ... my son (then in his teens) spent many an hour upstairs learning the lead guitar part ... it formed the audio-background to a large painting I was doing at the time ... entitled 'My Back Pages'. 

Happy Birthday Hosta,

You have stirred up something now. I was unable to keep my fave motorcycle after years of riding, a change of circumstance meant it had to go- nowhere to keep it secure! Mind you I never believed in keeping a machine just to look at & polish so get out there & ride it