Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

HELLO FORKERS! July Edition

• Pat EPat E Posts: 12,316

Aha!  Thanks Clari.   Just back from Dentist. Need to book in to hosp for xray of teeth because they don't have an X-ray machine In their practice. image Typical small town!

freezing out there all day. I'm so glad to have a warm house to come home to. 

Have a nice day all.image

S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Thanks Clari image  Pinch and punch and white rabbits and all that ........ image

How's that wrist?

Good morning all and G'day Pat image

I'm going to make some scones when I've had my next coffee,  and butter them take them up to the farm shop with butter and some of the gooseberry jam I made yesterday 'for the workers' image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Good morning Clari, well doneimage.  I hope you aren't feeling too sore this morning.  Get yourself checked out if you are at all worried.  Better safe than sorry.

Hi Pat.  At least you are back in the warm now. I'm sure you wouldn't want to live in a large townimageimage.

Rb, what a dreadful shock for you.  Really hope that you soon start to feel better and that you are being well looked after.  Stupid man.  Mind you I've always thought that jogging was dangerous.  Didn't think of that scenario thoughimage.

Lizzie I'm so sorry to hear about your poor horse.  Very sad so lots of ((hugs)).

Pdoc I'm sitting here making my shopping list but won't be as sharp as you down to the SM.

Morning to all who are still to arrive.  Have a good dayimage

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Morning Dove, don't forget to save some of those scones for us.  Love gooseberry jamimage.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Morning all/afties Pat. Good to get back in the warm isn't it?  image

I was struggling to get used to it being June Clari... image image

Hope the wrist's better today. Think RB might still  be a bit bruised too. image

Could the person who took summer kindly bring it back please image

We have a  co worker on holiday just now, she's up in For Bill. Wonder if she can see the snow falling on Nevis! image

Have a grand day everyone . Thank *** it's Friday! 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Posts: 3,845

Good morning, all quiet here again and confess it was good not to be woken by wee poppet at 5.15!

July? Really? How did that happen? It's cold, wet and breezy here

Clari I hope you are ok, 

Fairy is there snow up there? Certainly I was jolly cold last night, have the first set for tonight 

Pat stay cosy, how is HRH today?

Dove, two , with jam, up here please!

Lesley hope you getting it better than us, could I give you a list please, everyone has eaten everything and I am too whacked to go!

have a good day, stay safe

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Morning all imagestay warm Patimage We need some warmth too.

Half of 2016 gone. . . where?

SW Scotland
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 Posts: 5,150

Morning, hope you are all well. Just starting to brighten up here but more rain to come later.

GWS to the poorlies, the bumped and the bruised (get that wrist checked Clari)

My daughter was accused of being racist at work yesterday simply for asking a lady speaking quickly in a thick Irish accent to repeat herself when she didn't understand what she was saying.

A complaint was made to the manager and she was called into the office to explain herself.

After pointing out that her father is Irish along with half of her family and her boyfriend is an American with Portuguese/Dominican parents, the boss sensibly realised the accuser was simply blowing things out of proportion and having a hissy fit.

Glad she's inherited my thick skin and wasn't too upset at such a nasty accusation.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Morning all. 

Kitty, I'm almost speechless.

When I was growing up  in the West of Scotland , we had , ( still do  have) family on the East and I often had to ask them to repeat themselves. Did that make me a Scottish, anti Scottish racist?

Fun and games at Westminster and don't they all make themselves look so worthy and honourable? NOT!!

More rain today so the grass won't be getting cut . ggrrr

Devon.
  • Bushman2Bushman2 Posts: 548

Morning all Dry but breezy here. Why are people so sensitive about thing nowadays? My hearing isn't the best so i constantly ask people to repeat what they said does this mean i could be called a racist image  As for the East Coast folk Hosta i know well what your talking about aka Fraserburgh/Peterhead.