Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

HELLO FORKERS! October Edition

Holy socks it's October already! How did that happen??

Link to September thread; http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/hello-forkers-september-edition/987299-66.html#latest

Last edited: 01 October 2016 06:22:27

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Good morning Clari image Well done image   A pinch and a punch and all that codswallop image

Wet here today - think it's a day for making a curry - tomorrow will be sunny for the rest of the bulb planting image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 12,316

And Hubby in the peanut gallery says, not long to go now,  I've  explained that the "C" work is banned, but he can't help himself.imageimage

I've still got washing to get in and it's clouding over so I'd better get a move on.Just time for another cuppa.

S. E. NSW
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

Oh, a new month, will repeat my post then from September.

Morning all. I'm off to my daughter's. Three young grandsons, buying them 2 rabbits and a guinea pig for their birthdays.

Huge storms in the night, haven't had rain like that since June.

Thank you all for being so comforting about Tigger. Glad he didn't see the storm, he was terrified of them.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Good morning, wet here at the moment but supposed to be dry later. image Been busy few days but hoping for a  quieter week-end, although I do have Charlie so that is probably not an accurate description. image

• “Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?” —Betsy Cañas Garmon

DD have a lovely weekend with Charlie image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

I'm off to work later Dove; hence the early start. 

Glad someone was up  to do the honours image

Have a good day Clari image

• Thanks Dove, really looking forward to it. image

Just had a quick look back on the September thread and saw the news of Tigger, so sorry Lizzie, an awful void left behind. image Lovely picture of him you posted, he was a beautiful dog and I am sure he enjoyed an idyllic life. 

Now, need to motivate myself to get out and run 7 miles before Charlie arrives. I'm following a marathon schedule and ticking the boxes as I go - is it too early to miss a day, it is raining. image

• “Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?” —Betsy Cañas Garmon
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Morning all/ afternoon Pat image

Expecting to have a dry, sunny weekend here for a change image

DD - enjoy your time with Charlie.

BL - the g'children will love your purchases for them.

A walk this weekend Fairy?  Good visibility forecast image

SW Scotland
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Morning all and hi Patimage

Pat hope you managed to get the washing in before it blew awayimage.

Very cold here this morning and there's a possibility of frost tonight.  Just because it's October there's no need to go straight to winterimage.  The up side is, as Joyce said, it's dry and sunnyimage.

Lizzie enjoy spoiling your grandchildren.  They are going to be thrilledimage.  DD you sound as though you've got a great training schedule worked out.  Shame about rainy days though. Have fun with Charlie.image

Dove I quite fancy a curry tonight if you'd like to make a bigger batchimage.

Have a good day everyoneimage