Start a new thread

20,241 to 20,260 of 58,313 replies

Dovefromabove

I think you're going to get ours tomorrow Archie, and we're going to get your rain - but I hope not 'cos son is helping out here http://www.maverickfestival.co.uk/ 

He'll have been erecting teepees today and possibly doing some sound engineer stuff over the weekend - hope the weather stays good for him - he deserves some fun 

Clarington

Hey Bekkie that must be my rain. Send it this way the garden is suffering terribly!

Orchid Lady

You can have my rain now with pleasure, I've got wet walking the dogs and am going to get very wet watching James Blunt (but he'll be worth it ), not stopped all day now........sometimes you just want the weather forecast to be wrong!!   It's so warm though, about 20c so don't know what to wear tonight to keep cool and dry.

Omelette and salad for tea Bekkie 

Will do my best Clari

Yum OL, thats very healthy

Im fed up that i cant go out in the garden and its gone weirdly cold, so it potato dippers, chilli bites, cheese sticks and the rest of that chilli i made, fat pig tea!

Advertisement

Looks like you will have to go in your undies OL!
Its gone really, really dark here-should i expect the 4 horsemen???? Could someone inform ma nature that its summer please

Wettish here.  Just took the dog downto the beach. Actually it's very refreshing 

Makes nice change to all that sunshine. 

Had meetings today ...very constructive......so pretty busy day.

Feel so sorry for Dove.....30 degrees ? Must be awful.  Not jealous at all 

Dovefromabove

Just come in from watering - had to give the new border in the front garden a real soaking with the hose as all the plants are recently planted - then I turned the hose on the clematis, honeysuckles and roses on the Shady Bank - it may be shady but in this heat they're drying out.  I gave the veg beds a good soaking with the sprinkler last night so they're ok, but the raised beds all needed plenty of water again today. 

Yeah, im not jealous either!

Did see a heron quite close up along the tow path, so the day hasnt been too bad i spose!
Woodgreen wonderboy

I think my dead hedgehog was a juvenile. No idea how it died, or what killed it, but birds have been scavenging. I will leave it where it is and let nature take it's course. Useful calories, as Chris Packham might say.

Trimmed  wild hedge for friend today, which was encroaching on driveway. Then replanted new shrubs in a new border which had been heeled in temporarily. Also planted 2 apple trees in wildflower meadow to be.

Soil very dry and hard to dig now. 

Possible idea for the flower bed I cleared yesterday is to transplant the roses currently growing where my new terrace will be. Not necessarily a good time to do it but , with lots of watering it should be possible. Has anyone moved a rose at this time of year? Any tips and tricks for success?

I move stuff all the time, most do ok, im a bit hit and miss with watering, so there has been a few deaths!

Ive been attempting to trim a wild hedge, it hasnt been going well!
star gaze lily

Hi all, what a beautiful day, h****w**k, w**sh***, then a relaxing time in the garden this afternoon.

Salad for tea for me too, still being good, not weighed myself this week but feel I've lost a bit more......but I'd love some malteasers 

Have a lovely time OL, hope you don't get too wet.

4thPanda

phew . . . that's the working week over for me  by golly it's warm 

Woodgreen wonderboy

Amazingly, there is now a second hedgehog, again a juvenile, foraging in broad daylight in my flower borders. Looks a bit vulnerable out in the open. Must be hungry to be taking such risks? Perhaps its mummy and daddy didn't tell it not to venture out except at nighttime?

Advertisement

Show offs!

Have a good time OL

Well done lily, keep it up
Oh woody, the poor thing, give him some food
Dovefromabove

I was reading the other day that because of hot dry weather some hedgehog sows are unable to find enough food and drink to make enough milk for their litters.  

Woody, have you got a Hedgehog rescue centre near you? 

Woodgreen wonderboy

Hi, it looked healthy, and now has disappeared . Some of advice says leave alone unless you suspect a problem.