Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
02/11/2013 at 08:39

Pear and blueberries lol

02/11/2013 at 08:40

And kef I do have chillies with almost everything they don't work lol

02/11/2013 at 08:44

Hello forkers

Just started pouring down. Strong winds ....storm force ..for later.  I guess it may mean  all my tall grasses being flattened.  Although they stand up well a combination of heavy rain and strong winds is not a good one.  Shame, cos the miscamthus have never looked better

Could peat be toast stacey?  

Still eating those toads then Dove!  

Well, the rain has put paid to some plans today......go back to bed I think   Maybe not, my dog needs his exercise soon.

actually, it's quite nice walking in wind and rain ....it's not cold 

02/11/2013 at 08:45

Glad we have now established that Stacey's daughter was not eating peat for breakfast - was worrying about her teeth

Day of weeding and planting today. Got white foxgloves, liatris, kaffir lilies and a heuchera to get in the ground.  Hopefully the rain will hold off.

02/11/2013 at 08:59

Think I'm gonna pick up some leaves today and put in black bin bags haven't done leaf mould before so.......exuded an gonna move lo plastic climbing frame and slide off the grass for the winter it's a great dome shape so am gonna store some plants under it as I think it will offer some nice protection for them..

02/11/2013 at 09:00

Verdun - do the grasses disappear in the winter as I was going to buy a miscanthus next Thursday as  posted on another thread?  I am just wondering if it would be best to wait till the spring.

KEF
02/11/2013 at 09:04

Just in case Verdun has gone for a walk, no they don't Forester.

After GW last night Tulip Barbados is now on the wish list. Really enjoyed prog' last night. So wish my soil was like Monty's.

02/11/2013 at 09:12

I went to keukenhof in my teens I really didn't appreciate how fab it was ..... I enjoyed last nights programme as well although it's a shame we never saw Monty's pumpkin!!!

02/11/2013 at 09:13

That's Herefordshire soil for you (we need a 'green wth envy' smiley) 

02/11/2013 at 09:19

Morning all. Mild (10°) and very wet here.

Enjoyed GW, but was surprised to see Monty digging up dahlias already. I thought they are supposed to be blackened by the frost to help close up the hollow stems.

Went to Keukenhof when I was 14, Easter family holiday, but Easter was early that year so wasn't as blooming as it should have been. It still made a huge impression on me.

02/11/2013 at 09:21

Dove - isn't that what this is ? 

KEF
02/11/2013 at 09:23

Glad you posted that about dahlias Lizzie, I've been too pre-occupied with the lovely tulips and had forgotten what he's done with D's. Don't forget the dancing is on tele' tonight. 

02/11/2013 at 09:30

Thanks KEF - glad you said that as I was getting quite excited about buying the miscanthus.

02/11/2013 at 09:49

Bless you forester2

02/11/2013 at 09:56

Morning all, was raining earlier but now its stopped and the sun is shining.  Hope it lasts all day. I wanted some grasses, but the gcs around here have all sold out. Not sure about buying them on the internet as some seem very small.

Well may try to get the washing out fed up with it hanging around indoors.  Eldest son coming for lunch and to watch footie on tv with his dad. Must get a move on see you later  

Have a good dayeveryone byeeeeee 

02/11/2013 at 10:15
chicky wrote (see)

Dove - isn't that what this is ? 

When I hover my cursor over that one on the drop down it says "sick" 

I like this one - unambiguous

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/33567.gif?width=350

02/11/2013 at 10:19

Stacey, I would wash down that peat with a nice glass of chateau "tomorite" if I were you... great for growth and development... I'll get Verds. coat....

02/11/2013 at 10:20

Mornind everyone,

Sunny at the moment but heavy rain earlier. I just managed to have a dog walk without getting wet. We've been told to battern the hatches down again this weekend but still haven't found them from last week!

I took my mam to Keukenof when I was about 20. It was the only time she'd ever flown and we went on a tiny aircraft from Southsea airport. I didn't really appreciate it then but she loved gardens.

02/11/2013 at 10:27

I think on one of the gardening programmes it said that although it was an ideal time to split and plant most perennials grasses were best left to the Spring. So maybe that's why GCs don't have thenm now.

I read in the Daily Mail last week that if you have a pampas grass in your garden it's a sign that you are a 'swinger'. Luckily mine is out out sight right at the bottom of the garden so i don't get any unwanted visitors

02/11/2013 at 10:29
star gaze lily wrote (see)

..... I wanted some grasses, but the gcs around here have all sold out. Not sure about buying them on the internet as some seem very small.

Ask Verdun, he could probably recommend a good supplier 

Right, off in the mist and gloom to visit Aged Ps - see you later folks - have fun