London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
11/10/2013 at 21:52

This thread was going along very nicely until some WUM, posting under more than one name, decided to try and disrupt it.  I think he accomplished that.  This used to happen on he Beeb forum but, fortunately, there was a very efficient moderation system which seems lacking on this forum. Posters also knew to ignore troublemakers, except I once told one to 'bogoff' and my post was removed and I was sent an e-mail reprimanding me.

Today has been full of 'coincidences' and, being of a suspicious nature, I am wondering if these wasn't such coincidences.

I can understand how Gg feels. I stopped posting several hours ago as it just got ludicrous.

It has been such a good forum recently with everyone getting on so well and no idiots trying to upset the applecart and now it all seems to have gone down the pan.

Just my opinion.  Don't want to upset anyone.

11/10/2013 at 21:58

Well said TT. there are too many sensible and nice people on the Forkers threads for us to lose the plot. A little bit of patience and we shall be home and dry.

KEF
11/10/2013 at 22:00

I also think some strange things have happened today. I've been missing for a while and was happy to find one place to have general chat.

Let's all chat nicely as we've done before but in one place. I for one have shown I'm not good at ignoring troublemakers, but I will in future, I was just a little slow at seeing people for what they really were. I am a little miffed at having a wet back, but I'll get over it

Have a good night all & "see" you tomoz.

11/10/2013 at 22:01

Very nice cake, thank you for sharing Gilly, very kind of you.

Sorry for being a bit thick tonight TT but whats a WUM?  Must catch up on some abbreviations 

11/10/2013 at 22:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTBDnj0Cgc

See you tomorrow - sweet dreams everyone 

11/10/2013 at 22:04

Lily - WUM = Wind Up Merchant 

11/10/2013 at 22:05

Puuuurfick!

11/10/2013 at 22:08

Thanks Woody.  I really appreciate your remarks. Did post with heart racing.

Kef, stick with me. I'll give you a nod and a wink.   (Watch that Dove bird.  She's a bit suspect).

11/10/2013 at 22:08

Ahhh gotcha!  Nite nite dove sleep tight

11/10/2013 at 22:20

Please help keep an eye out for GG tomorrow,.....

11/10/2013 at 22:52

Well what a hectic start to this thread. It will soon settle to the lovely family again.

Had a first in school today.... bear in mind I don't teach in a nursery.   The class was getting on nicely when a girl decided to try to snatch a pen away from a boy so he bit her . These are 12/13 year olds. He's upset to be spending 3 days in isolation next week.

I'm up far toooo late- have been falling asleep between 8 and 9 this week.

Well great to have Brumbull back- will have to pick your brains about fuchsias I'm trying to growas standards thanks to your comments on a fuchsia growing thread- in fact I will have to find it. Someone on there is growing some really interesting looking twisted stem fuchsias. I still haven't managed to get any cuttings to take

Well night all- lets hope we all have great days tomorrow

PS thank you for the cake yum yum

11/10/2013 at 23:07

Yes nite nite all. Had a busy and sometimes sleepless nights this week 

11/10/2013 at 23:12

Am I missing something here?  I guess I'm a bit naive  I know nothing of WUM either....although i know what it means. 

I do enjoy the forum....enjoy most everybody who comments.  Value the obvious experts on it, respect the wildlife knowledgeables, and laugh at the wit too.  It's part of my brekkie routine.

I hope we all remain friends folks....despite my corny jokes amd love of cake 

11/10/2013 at 23:18

Hello Bev, glad you found us over here.

So many posts, taken me ages to catch up and now it's bedtime. Been quite busy today. Nearly didn't get to the garage in time to pick up repaired car. Local farmer rang to say the horses were in his field a kilometre away. It was full of lush grass, unlike my fields. The electic fence is faulty, but they've never gone off like that before.

Glad Punkdoc liked my idea of January.

11/10/2013 at 23:19

Hello Brumbull, as well. I said hello on one of the other threads too, but just in case you didn't see. Hope you are better now and have enjoyed your travels.

11/10/2013 at 23:31

Oh, it's all gone quiet. Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams.

11/10/2013 at 23:53

I'm like a yo yo tonight.

Ive spent Last two days trying to reconcile my nephew and niece...they lost their mum and should know better.  Now I'm facing same on the forum....ah well!

Night busy.

12/10/2013 at 00:19

Tried looking at this forum for the first time tonight and ended up thinking I was going mad - tried to work out what was going on, but decided I didn't have the time to read so many comments, some of which were crazy. So I'm off to different pastures. Goodnight to all the regulars ( and welcome back Brumbull)

AWB
12/10/2013 at 06:51

Just rereading my October 1998 GW.£2.20.

A to Z of bulbs, they are recommending spanish bluebell for naturalising!!! how times change.

12/10/2013 at 08:16

Morning all, at the moment the sun is shining and the garden looks so fresh after last nights downpour.  Shed arrived yesterday so fingers crossed the day stays dry and we can get that done! Our boys are here to help so lets hope the weather is kind and lets us get it finished! See you later