Start a new thread

26,861 to 26,880 of 58,313 replies

Honest BM

There is nothing like a doggy greeting lesley
LesleyK

Maybe your knots weren't tight enough Beaus - and stop swearing

Dosent it make you feel attractive when you reaise you are bleeding from your coldsore- how lovely, glad himself is asleep!
I think its time for sleepies for me, night x
Beaus Mum

Charming Bekkie leave us with pic of you and bleeding cold sore and clear off to bed!  

Hope it's not too sore  Sweet dreams x

Think I'm off now too everyone as up early again tomorrow 

Love to you all xxx night night x promise no more swearing Lesley  Glad woofie has his mummy home 

Advertisement

Liriodendron

Thanks folks, yes, I did have a lovely time with my daughter and the little ones, though it's a bit tiring being with a toddler who talks non-stop.  "Why, Granny?..."  Never had a dog, BM, though I had a cat once who liked to help in the garden.  Her favourite pastime was sitting on the weeds I was just about to dig up, or sitting on my calves if I was kneeling to weed. 

Re food waste:  if I have a full bag and the recycling isn't going to be collected for a few days, I put it in the freezer, putting it out frozen in time for the collection.  No maggots, guaranteed... 

Really am going to bed now...  Too much interesting stuff on this forum!

LesleyK

Clever idea liri.  Off to bed.

forgot to say OMG Fairygirl the white buddleia is beautiful

make sure you go with the paper compost bags not the plastic one, we don't use them anymore used the plastic ones spent year or more as they do not rot down quick, kept putting them back in the compost bin, still have bits in raised beds fish them out a lot and bin them such a pain

fidgetbones

Good morning, dove. I think we're the only ones up. I have to get dressed and go to work.

Dovefromabove

Good morning Fidget.  I think you're right.  OH has gone to work  - I've got a load in the washing machine and am just going to have my plum compote and yoghurt for brekkie.  Then the garden had better beware - I'm on a tidying mission this weekend!

Hope your day goes ok 

KEF

Good morning Fidget & Dove and whoever sneaks in whist I am typing

Drizzle here but mild 16c.

Hope those guides have been well behaved for Panda 

Have a good day, even if work has to interfere.

Steve 309

Morning all.  Overcast here in N Belgium.  Herself still asleep ut I must persuade her out into the garden today.

Fairygirl

Morning all. Pleasant looking day here and a flurry of little birds (blue and great tits) in the back garden looking for insects on trees and sweet peas and the roughcast on the house! Enjoyed watching them for a while as I got a cup of tea. The robin was inspecting the new bathing facilities too 

The neverending washing on here too and  hopefully lots to get on with outside. Will have a look round here first. 

Pity you have to work fidget. I remember those days only too well 

Steve 309

Those plastic bags are designed to be compostable (I learned recently) in a hot, aerobic heap such as we all aim at but few achieve, but is achieved at the council facility where they have enormous heaps.  The previous operator of my 'allotment' put loads of them in the anaerobic heap and I, too, am continually fishing bits of them out of the beds.  Fabric too: the cotton/wool bits rot but not the polyester/viscose/other plastic bits

star gaze lily

Morning all, raining and very dull here at the mo.

Will do h**$#w**k this morning and washing, hopefully the rain will stop!

Yoghurt and plum compot sounds delish Dove,  send some my way please.

Have a good day hope the weather is better for everyone.

See you latet peeps 

Advertisement

Strange here this morning  It's grey and drab....very warm though.  And sun will be out very soon. 

May grab a couple more gaillardias later from a small nursery.  Hmmm!  Gaillardias are "itching" me at the moment.  Very colourful but smack too much of annuals and annuals aren't really my cup of tea ...well, ok in containers.  if I can find a "classy" slightly more subtle variety for the garden but they look a little gaudy .....???

Hace nice weekend folks 

Cant quite get rid of that image of Bekkie and her bleeding cold sore.  Can you,post a picture with a big grin?  

Dovefromabove

Morning Verdun   Star Child is still looking lovely in her pot on the table on the terrace 

chicky

Morning  Slightly brighter here today. Think OH and I are going to take the bikes for a spin this morning.

then that garden needs a good looking at - i have flower buds on a hibiscus for the first time ever, and my marie ballard aster (like monch, but double) is starting to flower ... And maybe some other littles surprises.

and will have the last two beth pears for breakfast

Dovefromabove
Verdun wrote (see)

Strange here this morning  It's grey and drab....very warm though.  And sun will be out very soon. 

May grab a couple more gaillardias later from a small nursery.  Hmmm!  Gaillardias are "itching" me at the moment.  Very colourful but smack too much of annuals and annuals aren't really my cup of tea ...well, ok in containers.  if I can find a "classy" slightly more subtle variety for the garden but they look a little gaudy .....???

Hace nice weekend folks ........

I'm enjoying galliardias at the moment - I remember them growing in my Gardening Granny's garden when I was very small.  Mexican Blankets she called them. A little gaudiness is good in the autumn - just look at the hedgerows! 

Fairygirl

Morning Verd. Hope you're well today 

I'm the same as you about annuals. Not my favourite thing apart from pots, but I've tried a couple of things this year that I'm very pleased with. The dark nasturtium 'Black Velvet' is a  deep ruby red with an orangey throat, and velvety as the name suggests. I'm definitely going to keep seeds and grow more of them next year. Will try and get some pix. Did some last night but think they were a bit dark.

Morning Dove 

Enjoy your pears chicky