London (change)
Today 20°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 16°C
14/11/2013 at 18:30
Lol Gilly - if you'd known the photo plane was hovering you could have given them a wave !

Sounds like a good start has been made on that hedge Fairy.

Did you make a technology decision V ? Remember it needs to be something with a lens - you promised us pics
14/11/2013 at 18:32

Hi everyone, brrrrrr, very cold out there tonight, getting quite bitter.

You've been a busy bee Fairygirl. 

Is your shoulder better Dove. Sorry still can't see your pm. Hope its sorted soon. Can't send any either.    

t

14/11/2013 at 18:38

It's a lot better thanks SGL  and I slept a lot better last night - back's a little sore now tho' - think I did much too much computer work over the past couple of months, getting stuff up to date - at least I won't have to do that again 

14/11/2013 at 18:45

Now you've retired Dove, you can take as long as you like Take your time and enjoy each day.

14/11/2013 at 19:03

Not caught up with all the posts yet. Like your new avatar Dove -think I might find a festive one in December. Glad the shoulder's ok. 

Gardengirl- yes- most of the hedge is for round the front garden. It's a good 'stabby' one - Blackthorn!

Hope you're ok Stacey. Always a worry when you have to wait for results.

Thanks to everyone who missed me. Very kind  

You can't get rid of me that easily you know 

14/11/2013 at 20:11

Back from top level , senior executive, top brass, other side of the glass ceiling,( and me) conference. Well the village hall was quite big.

Lots of good people doing their best to keep your local shop running. Seriously we all need your support. If you have one nearby give us/them a try.... you will be pleasantly surprised at the range, value and smiles. In Woodgreen our village has built a new shop which is the real heart of the community. It is going from strength to strength , but only because a group of committed people keep bashing on with the support of the community. Sorry for the commercial but they deserve your support.

14/11/2013 at 20:19

Absolutely agree Woody - the village shop can be such an important resource in a village - more power to your elbows 

14/11/2013 at 20:29

Woody, we had two DIY shops here but now just one struggling to make a living.  I always try to support it but his stock is less and less. not enough local support. It will disappear soon.

So many local villages have lost their shops now, their post offices have long gone.  A shop in the village makes it complete I think

14/11/2013 at 20:57

We were threatened with losing our small village shop when the owners decided to move back to Yorkshire. So the  whole village took over and we signed a 5 year lease and ran the shop for them, They put their plans on hold, and we raised the funds to build a super new one. Now we are focused on running it successfully, on behalf of the village. We all own it! Amazingly our sales are up lots this year, so we must be doing something right. But you can't stand still and there are things we can do better.  Rural post offices in particular have few friends in high places so you can expect further retrenchment there. We lose money on ours but we subsidise it through the shop and of course it is a brilliant local service which we would be daft to give up. It also brings people in to shop.

Tomorrow is the annual staff party, and with partners there will be over 100 villagers involved. So that is the measure of how many are directly involved.

If you Google   Woodgreen Village shop you will see what we look like.

all the way....

14/11/2013 at 21:03

Looks brilliant - well done all of you - have a lovely party tomorrow 

14/11/2013 at 21:09

Inspirational story woody.  Well done 

14/11/2013 at 21:22

Nice website WW. 

14/11/2013 at 21:35

Ditto WW 

Am distracted this evening by Brian Cox and his Dr Who lecture  And am managing to follow it!

hope you are all well

14/11/2013 at 21:54

Very nice WW.

14/11/2013 at 23:17

Cant see my house on that google thing as we are covered by a low cloud. Always a cloud around us!.

Made a bed for the garlic this afternoon and tossed the compost bins again. Collected 5 more bags of leaves from lane.

Sunny afternoon but cold and windy. Slight frost for tonight, getting colder next week.

Who said no gardening in November?

15/11/2013 at 00:15

Nite  nite everyone.   

15/11/2013 at 07:02

Morning - half day today - rose planting this afternoon and then chicklet's school prize giving this evening.  Weather set to be fine for the weekend too. Yippee

15/11/2013 at 07:30

Good morning all   If the weather holds I'll be out there with you Chicky, only I've got some tulips to plant - retirement present from colleague 

We watched Brian Cox too - he did make it understandable didn't he - and covered all sorts of things I'd wondered about and made sense of them.  Brilliant!

Then I fell asleep. 

15/11/2013 at 07:31

Morning all, off to work for me, at least its friday.  

Well done chicklet, hope you all have a goodevening.

Hope everyone is well today, have a good one. See you later. X

Ps its not raining,  yippee!!!!!!

15/11/2013 at 07:31

Morning all, off to work for me, at least its friday.  

Well done chicklet, hope you all have a goodevening.

Hope everyone is well today, have a good one. See you later. X

Ps its not raining,  yippee!!!!!!