London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
20/11/2013 at 09:50

Morning all cold and windy here there was a light frost earlier on this morning but nothing like yesterdays frost. Just had a bowl of porridge now going to top up my bird feeding holders and tray's around the garden then read a book have a good day all.

20/11/2013 at 10:03

Verdun I will admit it MIGHT have been me trampling over your grasses. Only might. Because my little bed socks were clean this morning. Its just that its awfully hard to find your way to the compost heap for a midnight pee in the dark! Do you mind if I install little landing lights across your garden for tonights jaunt?

Your neighbour is lovely by the way. Who knew that she's a fan of peeing in compost heaps too.

20/11/2013 at 10:17

Clari, no need to go out in the dark and cold, our log cabin has plenty of loos for you to use.  Its raining at the mo so could be boggy underfoot later as well.    Smiley wink   (smilies still not here) 

20/11/2013 at 10:21

M

Hiya. Hope it worked!

Back is now much better only gives me a hudge every now and again, but a few more days of not doing much will probably do it.

OH went out and raked the leaves yesterday - half filled the leaf bin and the oak still has an awful lot on it. Hope as they settle can just keep to the one.

Am going to N Worcester to buy some things for my winter project (Dunelm) and finish emptying the caravan on the way.

weather here is dark, wet and generally grim

20/11/2013 at 10:22

Nope didn't work - wil try layer 

Bye for now

20/11/2013 at 10:26

Glad you're feeling better Matty.  Be careful tidying caravan.  

20/11/2013 at 15:29

Great fun at the Hort soc AGM last night, nibbles, drinks and a quiz. We had a joke quiz this year where you have to supply the punchline to get your point . Lots of laughs. Best one was ….. what did the caterpillar say when he saw a butterfly ?

" You won't be getting me up in one of those"  

20/11/2013 at 15:33

Well , is it Sir Woody of Woodgreen , now?

20/11/2013 at 17:08

Didn't get to caravan despite a burst of sunshine. 

Have finally bought all I need for settee and I have spent afternoon doing some more to it, none of it required me to  bend

Wish I could find a gardening society to visit.

20/11/2013 at 18:30

Glad you are feeling little,better Matty

Nice joke Sir Woody 

Cold windy day today but still a way above freezing comditions elsewhere I guess 

Leaves are dropping off dogwoods now to reveal those nice red "sticks".  They will provide nice backdrop and variation for the hellebores later.  Mahonia charity flowering now, camellia and rhodo, etc buds a plenty and signs of daff growth. Wallflowers amd stocks threatening to flower.   Who said winter is dull? 

20/11/2013 at 18:32

Glad you are feeling little,better Matty

Nice joke Sir Woody 

Cold windy day today but still a way above freezing comditions elsewhere I guess  Temps of 5 rising to 8 -10 tomorrow.  

Leaves are dropping off dogwoods now to reveal those nice red "sticks".  They will provide nice backdrop and variation for the hellebores later.  Mahonia charity flowering now, camellia and rhodo, etc buds a plenty and signs of daff growth. Wallflowers amd stocks threatening to flower.   Who said winter is dull? 

20/11/2013 at 18:35

Got hiccups, verdun?

20/11/2013 at 18:37

Hello folks  I'm back from southern parts - damp and chilly but some lovely russets and golds in the hedgerows, dotted with scarlet jewels and  silvery gossamer.  Beautiful  I dropped my daughter at the little rural station for her journey home and there was a toothless old chap  with a deerstalker hat with earflaps, sprinkling buckets of salt on the platforms.  He was annoyed 'cos he'd done it in the morning and the rain had washed it off!!! 

How's life down in the tropical southwest? 

20/11/2013 at 18:42

Be careful Matty

Are you Sir woodgreen?  Sounds like it was a good evening.

Hope everybody had good day and didn't get too wet.

20/11/2013 at 18:48

Sorry Dove, missed you out, my words were getting mixed up and had to start again.

Missed Verdun too,   hope your getting used to the log cabin at the bottom of your garden, its very cosy  

20/11/2013 at 18:56

Hey Dove, that toothless old chap was meeeeeee   Small world

Love the log cabin lily but it's over my rhubarb patch 

Fidget, thought my post deserved two postings ...it's the way I tell em 

20/11/2013 at 19:01

Ooops sorry Verdun, we'll all move it after dinner. And i'll make a chocolate cake to make up for it.  

20/11/2013 at 19:25

I am now chair of the Hort soc, which is a bit strange as I am the new boy on the committee. My colleagues have all been members for a long time. Clearly a vote for anarchy. Now  awaiting the summons to the Palace! I have a few new ideas, but softly, softly ……

20/11/2013 at 19:35
Tried a bit of Xmas shopping this am, not very successful.
Paperwork finally got underway this pm, light at the end of the tunnel now.

Is it rhubarb crumble you're making lily? I'll move the cabin while you cook.

popped in to GC and they have liquidambar trees in stock most of time bit more than some online sites but at lest I can see what im getting. OH not keen on removing old tree though....blast, this is the wrong thread for this bit will practice cut n paste on phone!
Later guys....
20/11/2013 at 19:37

Mmm, sounds suspicious to me Sir Woody -   Why would only a new boy take on the job?  What aren't they telling you?