London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 17°C
13/10/2013 at 12:01

Yup, just tried. OH says unlike gardeners he plans these things in advance ! That's his supper spoiled then. The things I have to put up with , hope you all feel sorry for me. (0f course he only knows MY very own gardening style, in fact no he knows nowt!). 

13/10/2013 at 12:02

Delicious!  Enough for me to have a nibble too??? 

13/10/2013 at 12:04

Sorry, that was the stuffed chillies, not the greenhouse - I value my teeth 

13/10/2013 at 12:08

Dove I didn't think that at all. I'm very sorry if  I've upset you in any way, but someone mentioned about not forgetting GG on the other thread so I was just trying to keep in touch. Really sorry if I've caused any upset x

13/10/2013 at 12:15

Oh bless you Star gaze lily ((hugs))  you've not upset me   I thought I'd upset you and GG - it's sometimes difficult to get things right on a board when we're friends and total strangers at the same time   

I really don't want GG to feel left behind , but unless we all post on both threads I don't know what to do about it 

13/10/2013 at 12:19

Lol mrs g I'm no expert but is t that supposed to be outside... Brumbull they are now in oil preserving for Xmas!!! Mmmmmmm gotta run up to the shop and get more oil I ran out!!!! Supposei had better get ready for lo swimming this afternoon as well as get the pork ready for the oven... Glad I cleaned the kitchen this morning it looks like a bomb hit it again!!!

13/10/2013 at 12:20

And dove as always plenty for all

13/10/2013 at 12:31

No you've not upset me at all. But I was really worried I'd upset you and some others. As I said just trying to keep in touch. Think messages can sometimes be read in different ways . I'm

m new here and I've found you all very helpful and friendly so here's to the new thread. 

13/10/2013 at 12:33

That's a relief - regulars and old hands on this forum have worked hard not to let clicques and factions to develop - we're all in this together  

13/10/2013 at 12:35

Oh bother - no edit button at the moment so I can't correct my spelling - should read cliques 

13/10/2013 at 12:35

Mrs G, greenhouse looks good  Is that OH making a brief visit in the picture? 

Lazy sluggardly ways come upon me when the weather is pants, am just getting up  Going to have some poached eggs though, as prompted by another thread . . . Yummy!

13/10/2013 at 13:13

Brumbull ..... Wine cellar!!!!!! Wow I'm impressed I dot think wine lasts long enough in this house.. I can't drink anymore sadly but did enjoy a wee glass of Isla negra ( beat bottle under a fiver in my humble opinion)

13/10/2013 at 13:17

Wow! havent you all been busy scribbling all morning. Been to town and back since the breakfast. GRey squirrels. Treated as a vermin species here as they decimated the native reds. greys were introduced to Ireland as a birthday present for some landed gentry in 1911. Reds are making a comeback now believed to be aided by the increase in Pinemartins aswell. Up the reds.

13/10/2013 at 13:25

Brumbull shhhh  

Well I call myself a fair weather gardener and just come in after neRly an hour. Not sure what I've done but enjoyed it and got wet! 

Have some white mildew on 2 of echinacea cuttings, been in plastic GH , what do I need to do please? 

cosmos taken a battering in wind and rain, probably done now but still loads of buds. A ladybird was enjoying it too.

coffeee time, anyone? Sorry, not commenting much on your days and news today, but enjoying reading about them. Now where's that coffee, suppose rude GH builder will want one too.

13/10/2013 at 13:34

Hi MrsG, unless I need a bed to show off in the Spring, showing snowdrops, crocuses and the like, I don't tidy up until Spring/early summer. I leave everything else as it is. My theory is that if I did it all now , much of it would need another going over next year as well. And the birds and insects get a better deal too. The price to pay is a bit of untidyness, which is not much at all.

13/10/2013 at 13:47

Just to say..what a nice feeling to read this thread today. Luverly 

13/10/2013 at 14:01

Afternoon Brum 

13/10/2013 at 14:03

Oh good - I thought I'd broken the thread!!!!!

I have no idea what happened 

13/10/2013 at 14:06

Don't think that's possible Matty - think we're sound on here and can cope with whatever gets thrown at us, technical blips included 

13/10/2013 at 14:55

Just popping in to say 'Good afternoon all'