London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
23/01/2014 at 14:31

Hooray, just in from a brief walk round the garden, during a brief lull in the rain, and I found an aconite flowering. It gave me a real buzz. To me snowdrops and aconites are the real harbingers of Spring, although I dont have any flowers on the snowdrops yet.

I used to have real problems establishing my aconites, but a few years ago a few clumps just took off, and now I get a great show every year.

My pond is flooding again Nut, but I have had the first Mallards prospecting for suitable nest sites.

23/01/2014 at 14:33

Nut, do you or anyone else on here grow Viburnun nudum, as I am looking to increase my berrying shrubs.

23/01/2014 at 15:52

Ok ok driving not diving ( ironic as  sat watching ice gold diving in Alaska!!!!) my snowdrops are fab fab fab this year I bought 75 in the green of ebay last year and I think every one has come up but I bought 25 doubles and haven't seen one yet!!!!

23/01/2014 at 16:07

My snowdrops haven't appeared yet, I do hope they haven't drowned.   

23/01/2014 at 16:36

I've never met Viburnum nudum Punkdoc. I googled it and acid or neutral soil is mentioned. I'm very alkaline . Looks nice though if you have the right conditions

Lily some of my snowdrops are still hiding. 

23/01/2014 at 16:38

Lol I think a lot of my perennials have drowned my poor chickens need wellies I have to keep putting Vaseline on their feet to prevent any rot which they are less than impressed at ..... daft u can get glasses for chickens but not wellies lol

KEF
23/01/2014 at 16:40

It suddenly went very black 10 mins ago, thunder & lightening, and then a covering of snow   

All washed away now, but what is going on?

23/01/2014 at 16:45

Lol Stacey, chickens in glasses, cool dudes 

23/01/2014 at 17:14
KEF wrote (see)

It suddenly went very black 10 mins ago, thunder & lightening, and then a covering of snow   

All washed away now, but what is going on?

just arrived here kef 

23/01/2014 at 19:02

Where've you all gone - buried under a snowdrift????? 

23/01/2014 at 19:02

We had a fall of snow here too. No idea how heavy or for how long as didn't notice when in work, however one of my friends put something about it on FB!

Evening gang  

No snowdrops in my garden that I can see  but I do have heads on my Daffs out the front. Something has def gone wrong with the world!

OH is out tonight so have the place to myself! And a bag of Jelly Babies!! Woo hoo!!!

23/01/2014 at 19:03

I'm here Dove 

23/01/2014 at 19:05

I'm here til the dinner's cooked

23/01/2014 at 19:09

I'm here too 

Enjoy your jelly babies Panda   I'm staring at a box of liquorice all sorts wondering how to get to them without anyone knowing I've opened the box.  Maybe cut the tape, gently empty 3 or 4....or more......then tape it again.  Foolproof?  It's not cos I'm greedy it's more a devillish challenge 

23/01/2014 at 19:16

No snow here, nor any sign of it,  but someone on the radio said there's been a "whiteout" near Bury St Edmunds, in Suffolk - a whiteout means snow to me 

We've had our supper Nut, a big dish of linguine  with a mixture of roasted home grown tomatoes from the freezer, chopped onion and yellow sweet pepper, with some chopped white chicory  with crushed garlic and chopped chilli  and chopped anchovy, all softened n EVOO  until caramelised on the edges, tossed with a big handful of chopped parsley and chopped black olives and washed down with a Cotes de Rhone - a real summery dish, and I'm absolutely stuffed 

23/01/2014 at 19:17

got one large bar of fruit and nut and a bar of  dairy milk  . a bag of thorntons toffee stil from christmas   but tea first 

KEF
23/01/2014 at 19:31

Verdun don't eat the lot, save me the round ones with little bobbles on, blue & pink ones.

Dove early supper for you, are you up walking at 5am tomorrow ? Meal sounds like my H would love it, not a pasta fan myself. Red vino sounds my thing, however not on a school night, yipee just remembered I don't work anymore

Hi Lily & Panda

Archie it stopped for a time, had another go and then had a rest, now it's frosting over.

KEF
23/01/2014 at 19:35

Soz Stacey, missed you, as penance I will knit some boots for your chucks..what sizes are they  

Do hope you can keep them foot root ? ? free. 

23/01/2014 at 19:40

KEF, I'm not a huge fan of pasta, but I do like linguine done like this.  It's a real favourite in the summer, with home-grown courgettes complete with their flowers, ripe toms and a handful of herbs and green leaves of some sort from the garden - then we eat out on the terrace with a bottle of French rosé  - it can't be long before we can do that again, can it ? 

KEF
23/01/2014 at 19:50

I'm out there tomoz' Dove with a Greek salad and my Parka on   and that's for brekkie..

Almost time for Winterwatch on tele'. ..no wrong think it is on later tonight.