26/01/2014 at 15:48

Bill, try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGpaj2nHIo

I made squash soup yesterday, no spice, it doesn't agree with me. We had it with warm cheese scones (with parmesan/without mustard and paprika)

OH was looking late Friday night at the forum. He thinks we are all bonkers except for the bunny boiler. When I said the haggis in verdunland were being rounded up by the piskies, he said we ought to have a virtual garden, a bit like simcity. except admittance free. It would have absolutely no slugs/snails/vine weevils or lily beetles.

In spring it would be decked out in spring flowers,then with a wave of  fairygirls wand, it would change to a early summer display to put chelsea flower show to shame. Of course the orchard would be full of luscious fruit in Autumn and the veg patch would keep us going all year round. No problems with soil types, acers would grow next to buddlejas. I think we would have to have a new thread, to be entered On Friday nights mainly, but open to anyone to have a wander if they need a bit of r and r. Of course all the cakes from the cake shop next door are calorie free, and the alcohol gives no one a hangover.  Any strays can be rounded up in puncdocs tardis.

No I've not been on the magic mushrooms.

26/01/2014 at 15:58
You don't sound too good at all, sorry to hear that Andy, I think I must have missed it on a previous post, maybe before I joined. Hope all goes well with the scans and you get sorted.

I think this thread is more than just a gardening forum, it's good to have somewhere to let off steam, it helps people understand if you are quiet, or not yourself. I love the gardening stuff on the rest of the forum though, I've learnt so much in a week.

Talking gardening for a moment, my borders are being done next Friday so now trying to decide what to move where and then a trip to the GC next weekend, can't wait
KEF
26/01/2014 at 16:17

Bill look at star gaze Lily's post back on this thread at 14.56 today.

Soz in a rush cooking

26/01/2014 at 16:22

Andy stay strong I have obviously missed te post saying ur recovering from something...... The brain is a strange thing it's ability to heal is still unknown to a huge degree by the medical profession ..... As peeps on the forum know I had a brain tumour removed just over a year ago and despite being told I wouldn't be able to do things again I'm now 99% better ....... Stay strong x

26/01/2014 at 16:53

Fidget, am I the bunny boiler?   Does that make me the non bonkers one 

26/01/2014 at 17:02

Only until you entered the cabin LOL. Good job all that booze is hangover free.

26/01/2014 at 17:07

Lol please tell OH i'm not really a bunny boiler, in more ways then one 

KEF
26/01/2014 at 17:15

Stacey I don't think / hope Andy would mind me saying as he's told us before, he has needed chemo and all seemed well, but a few months / weeks ago he was very poorly at work. Wasn't well enough to be on here. That's why a big  when he came back.

KEF
26/01/2014 at 17:21

I think I'm saying cheerio & bye.

My computer is in spare bedroom and to be honest I've turned heating down upstairs to save a bob or two, and my little mits soon get cold. Plus the lure of some pork crackling ( are you listening Lizzie? ) is luring me back to the warmth.

Might pop back later but if not have a good evening gang.

Lily you aren't a B burner, just daft like me.

26/01/2014 at 17:21

Well, that my leek and potato soup made. This time I her thrown out the peelings rather than leaving them for OH like I did last time. Why so important? Well, last time I left the potato peeler in the colander with the peelings (did them in the lounge). Next time I wanted to use the peeler I couldn't find it. What was doubly worse was that the food bin had only gone out that morning!  A good potato peeler is hard to find! Still the new one is nice and sharp, as the cut on my thumb shows 

Fidget, I like OH's plan  Mine thinks we are a little bonkers too!

KEF
26/01/2014 at 17:25

Fidget  Panda  Off now hands gone blue.

26/01/2014 at 17:30

Kef, me thinks we need to get you a tablet (iPad/Samsung/whatever) or at the very least some fingerless gloves  Mmmm . . . . Pork crackling . . .  save me some? 

26/01/2014 at 17:42

I am listening KEF. Love pork crackling, but are you saying that because it's hard to find in France? They remove it and tie white soggy fat around the joints. Then they boil the skin and serve it with haricots (beans), YUK.

26/01/2014 at 17:44

Back from GC (left the witch hazel behind - £30 was a bit steep) and the GH.

Had a nice time pottering with seeds and cuttings.  That is until ......spoiler alert for those eating their tea ..... I couldn't work out why the watering can that had been left full in the GH was not pouring properly.  Looked inside to find not one, but two drowned mice.  Screamed so loud i woke up the neighbours ..... Yuckkk, still shuddering now 

26/01/2014 at 17:49

Re previous post of mine  about a mouse I found in watering can, OH says we should install ladders in them so they can climb out...... and he thinks I'm bonkers.

26/01/2014 at 18:04
Gosh Stacey that must have been awful, so glad you are almost 100% better. Andy, fingers crossed everything is ok. So many people poorly, it makes me feeling sorry for myself last night look rubbish!!! Hugs to all the poorly people xoxo
26/01/2014 at 18:07

We found a drowned squirrel in a large pot at last house - think it was my dad's big glazed pot which doesn't have holes in the bottom. I don't know  if it was the same squirrel  that ran across the grass straight into the pond a few days earlier...not too clever - but it was very funny!  It's a bit horrible to see them dead though chick - even when they're vermin. 

Lizzie that's put me off my dinner.....

Just been checking out the first draft drawing from architect for the extension. What is it with men? Specifically asked for a window to be on  the back wall of the  bedroom with the french doors, and not at the front.  What's he done...... sigh....

Fidget- it's ok. We know you're not bonkers really 

26/01/2014 at 18:19

Living in Dordogne we are lucky enough to have a swimming pool, fairly common here. Once I went to see family in England and a friend came to see my horses daily. She found a baby wild boar, drowned in the pool, so she fished it out and laid it on the lawn, then forgot it. When I came home a few days later it reeked! Weather in mid 30's. She then rang me to say she'd left it there because it looked so cute and she thought I might like to see it. I had to dispose of it and it was full of maggots! YUK!

26/01/2014 at 18:19
Discussing who is and isn't bonkers and whether 'formers' in general are bonkers seems to becoming a regular occurrence in this thread.......do you think that tells us something Dead animals, urgghhhh, I would have screamed too.

The other summer I asked my eldest to empty out my compost bin which hadn't been secured properly since we bought the house. Suddenly he came running down the garden to the house, hysterical, arms waving everywhere and what he was saying is unrepeatable in here (usually I would have told him off but it was too funny!!), apparently a rat had jumped out on him (we do back onto fields!). Scarred him for life apparently and he won't even put the green rubbish in the compost bin now!!!
26/01/2014 at 18:20

Sorry Fairygirl! but it's still earlyish for dinner, hope there's time to recover!