London (change)
Today 19°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 13°C
27/01/2014 at 17:55

Various Dryopteris species are evergreen in my woodland Stacey, plus they like dry shade if thats what your woodland has.

I am obviously showing my true age, not knowing about the Poddington Peas. I must have been too young!

27/01/2014 at 17:57

Fairy, you are naughty but I like you 

Lily, Peugeot 208.....its supposed to be very economical and it has new gadgets.  I like gadgets   However I like the car I have now.  Not too sure I need or want to change.  Love the game playing with the sales guys though.  Can tie them up in knots 

KEF, it's small car but you can sit in the boot 

Making a cake lily?  

Dove, camper?  Maybeeeeeee

Temps getting down to 4 tonight maybe less......

27/01/2014 at 17:59

Here you are Verdun - found one - perfect 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/36602.jpg?width=194&height=259&mode=max

27/01/2014 at 17:59

Hope you feel better soon Stacey!  Mmmmm toblerone cheesecake sounds yummy, do you have recipe? 

Lizzie, our skies haven't been like that for ages either and prob won't again for a few weeks. Hair colour sounds nice.

27/01/2014 at 18:03
Can i put in a request for no snow on Feb 8th - we are hosting a sleepover of teenage girls, and my worst nightmare is being snowed in with them for the following week!
Welcome Poddington (never heard of the programme - must have been in that period between my childhood and that of the chicklets- when i was too busy running around partying to notice what was on TV- those were the days)
Is tomorrow a special Dove-day by any chance ???
27/01/2014 at 18:06

Think so Chicky, not sure how many candles tho

27/01/2014 at 18:06
Oh and Stacey - have you looked at shuttlecock fern - my fav
27/01/2014 at 18:12

Stacey what about Japanese painted fern?.athyrium niponicum?  Ursulas red is one I grow and it's a beauty. ,silver blue leaves with red veins and reddish stems. ,needs shelter from strong sun, good soil, good moisture.  Mine grows to about 2' high and more across.  I had to move it a few times to give it perfect spot.   Ok, not truly evergreen but near enough for me.  Check it out.  There are some other similar varieties.

Dryopteris The King is evergreen for me and is lush but 4' tall plus for me.  But it's such an easy fern growing anywhere I think.

You have me wanting to get another fern now. 

Ok chicky.  Have arranged good weather for your date.  Jack Frost may invite himself though 

27/01/2014 at 18:16

Well the tax is done and submitted. The good news is the tax man owes me money. The bad news is it is because they estimated I would earn more than I did!

I think it rained here at some time, but I have seen so many numbers swimming before my eyes , that I need two paracetamol........ and a large glass of SB.

I will be really glad to see the end of January.

Work tomorrow, hope the snow keeps off.

Hello, poddington.  theres nothing quite as exciting as a new garden to plan.

27/01/2014 at 18:46

Recipie for toblerone cheesecake ( don't use Philadelphia cheese go for supermarkets own make and us whipping cream whip till almost stiff!!!)

• The base
  • 200g Digestive Biscuits (Chocolate Digestives are best)
  • 100g Butter
  • The Filling
  • 300g Cream Cheese
  • 200g Whipping Cream
  • 200g Toblerone
  • Crush the digestives, and melt the butter in a pan. Once melted, add the digestives to the butter and mix together.
  • Place the base mixture in a springform cake tin (approx 8") and press down until firm and even.
  • Melt the Toblerone in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
  • Empty the cheese into a large bowl and beat until smooth. Lightly whisk the cream until almost stiff and then add to the cheese.
  • Add the melted toblerone to the mixture and mix well (the whole mixture should be light brown).
  • Pour the mixture onto the base, smoothing out. Bang the cake tin on a solid surface to ensure the mixture settles.
  • Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then add some small pieces of chocolate to the top to serve.
27/01/2014 at 18:54

Verd I have a Athyrium niponicum 'Lady in Red' on order I'm looking for a "normal" fern ..... I'm leaning in the direction of a 

1X LARGE DRYOPTERIS COPPER FERN PLANT - HARDY EVERGREEN - 2L

for the colour and texture and I'm liking this one.... Have you ever heard of the

athyrium Frizelliaehas.....? It looks interesting....Chicky yeah the shuttlecock is lovely but mmmmmmmmm don't know..... 

Just decided if I'm not mingin on Friday am gonna take lo to Wisley to are the butterflies in the vein hope it doesn't take 2 hours to get in...... Cccoooollllld outside ATM......

27/01/2014 at 19:00

You are so cruel Stacey.  How can I get past the Toblerone stage without eating it?  

It does sound rather nice though 

Got a thing for,Cadburys mini eggs right now.  They seem to be on offer everywhere.  

Got a recipe of my own...

Get a few bags mini eggs, place in a bowl.  Add ice cream....real Cornish of course....and cornish clotted cream.  Add a couple of bananas (I like to eat healthily) and mix.  Enjoy on one's own whilst contemplating the world's issues.  

KEF
27/01/2014 at 19:22

Verd, thanks for offer of car roof, might skip that Plus what a little oinker ...soz read your post wrong, thought you said ice cream & clotted cream..but hey maybe an idea.

Not really fair to talk about nice food. None left here. Still doing penance for Xmas gluttony. Stacey I am crying.

Just eaten cold pork from yesterday & veg..yum, blinking yum.

Only thing I think I can scrounge later are a few mint imperials. Might still do the walk to the fridge and look routine, but I know it's useless.

Think I'll manage a piece of cake tomoz' ..no names but D*ve but will be 26, think we go backwards after 27.

Off now for a nice drink of diet tonic.

27/01/2014 at 19:48
Evening All, bit late on because I'm feeling sorry for myself, think I have an ear/throat infection

Lizzie, yes that is the flower, is it a type of Lily? I never have found out although I did used to own one until I killed it!!!

Is it Dove's birthday tomorrow?

Welcome Poddington, cool name, cool programme and such a cute little avatar

Hope you get better soon Stacey, what does lo stand for?

Hello to everyone else, hope you're all ok and fingers crossed this weather gets better soon. Tx
KEF
27/01/2014 at 19:57

Tracey, you shouldn't get too near your screen, we share everything here! Get well soon.

Lo, I assume is Little one. I hope so as I've thought that for ages.

Yes we have a birthday bird tomoz.

27/01/2014 at 20:01
Of course, brain not working. Don't worry KEF, I'm holding my iPad at arms length, I already told my OH that I think somewhere on here passed it on, all I got was a funny look

My big LO is at his new job, first night training in the shop......not such a LO now, where did that time go???
KEF
27/01/2014 at 20:07

Next time you log off the forum he will be getting his works pension

27/01/2014 at 20:08
LOL KEF.

I didn't realise there was any football on tonight....yawn
27/01/2014 at 20:39

Tracey sooorryyyyyy think it may have been me!!! I'm a computer virus in disguise!! Lo is little one mine should read hlo (horrid little one!!) when she's nice she's wonderful when she's horrid she's evil..... lot of lets get rid of cats threads ATM I could lend them Olivia she torments the heck out of ours poor thing he never gets any peace!!

27/01/2014 at 20:43

Thank you so much Stacey, so very kind. Sounds really yummy. Didn't expect  it tonight, thank you again

Shhhh Tracey, don't think OH knows

Kef, think you were offered the boot not the roof still it would be a bit warmer in there and you wouldnt fall off 

Thought D#$$ was going backwards i'll try and get enough candles