London (change)
Today 12°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 7°C
27/01/2014 at 20:45
I know Stacey! staying off those threads now, I don't like any thought of people wanting to harm animals Does Olivia have a curl in then middle of her forehead? What you said reminds me of what my mum used to say about me and I had a curl LOL!!

With 2 teenage (almost) boys I would gladly swap, if you live locally we could have a trial
27/01/2014 at 20:47
Lily, it's only Fleetwood vs Scunthorpe and not very exciting but it has meant I could sit quite happily looking at roses
27/01/2014 at 20:52

Think Olivia was the cat 

Pheeww, thats ok , not Chelsea then! 

27/01/2014 at 20:59
Oh I read it as Olivia teasing the cat, brain not functioning properly LOL!!
27/01/2014 at 21:02

Lol, think you should go to specsavers

Just teasing Trace

27/01/2014 at 21:26
Thanks Lily I've actually just been and got new glasses ha ha. Never mind, at least my posts get a response on this thread, think I'll stick with this one in future
27/01/2014 at 21:26

There was alitttle girl

Who had a little curl

Right in the middle of her forehead

And when she was good she was very very good

But when she was bad she was horrid! 

27/01/2014 at 21:27
That was me Or so my mum says, I don't believe her
27/01/2014 at 21:43

My dad used tell me that little rhyme,  but he never said it was me 

27/01/2014 at 22:26

Hello Forkers, Hello all

Been a busy weekend I went to the potato fair on Saturday and I got my potatoes - Arran victory - maincrop going into my raised bed, Sunrise - second early and Swift - first early both for 2 potato bag, there was also plants there so a nice peach tree followed me home and a few plants, done a small bit of seed swapping too - was a bit knackering day out but got doughnuts yum yum and flumps  

Then on sunday went volunteering to Sholing valley study centre for the conservation day - helped with litter picking around Millers pond and got soaked with heavey rain all the way round coat leaked only shower proof so wet jumper and very wet trousers and cold me. Some bird watching done then as well

Did my bird watch on Sunday while I was a bit wet but weather dryed up a bit, in back garden - few birds around but not as many

Today was dry and a bit sunny, I have seen so many wildlife in the garden first a squirrel eating off the bird feeder then while I was trying to dig out the pond hole more found a slowworm had to move it, so small little eyes was saying its so bright, I put it under some more dirt in a better place.

I went to get some more bags to put the soil in and a ground sheet took them back to the pond area which is at the bottom of the garden and a fox was stood there next to the pond hole, looked at me shocked thought no one was out there it went back around the pile of twigs and under the wire fence - we have a train line at the bottom of the garden but lower down so guess was going to find another garden to go into was a nice sized fox fluffy tail - this was nearly 12:00

Are foxes normally out in the day?

Back sore heat patch on now so much digging done ouch

27/01/2014 at 22:37

Gg, did you do anything with the little treasure you found

27/01/2014 at 22:42

Gardengirl, our fox sometimes comes out in the day, but it is usually in summer when they have cubs to feed.

27/01/2014 at 22:44

Stacey, I do know Dryopteris  copper fern....I do grow it.  Yes, nice new growth but less vigorous than some.  

27/01/2014 at 22:54
Hi everyone, just popping by to let you know I'm still alive and well. Nothing much happening for me garden-wise at the moment. GH tucked up, rarely checked on, a few of bulbs thinking about making an appearance, not sure what else is going on out there. Just need this cold spell they've promised us , then we can get on with spring !
Really hope none of you have suffered the floods too much but of course that's probably a bit nieve of me.(how on earth is that spelt????). Awful, awful pictures on the news.
hope you are all well and happy. Bye for now, catch up in the spring...(i know, i know - turned info a bit of a forum lightweight haven't i?). take care all. X
27/01/2014 at 22:57

No not yet Star gaze lily but found some more finds today a nice handle very old looking, looks like it has been in garden a while, small bit of red glass and little mosaic bits of tiles or plates

27/01/2014 at 22:59

Good to hear from you Mrs G - i was thinking of you only yesterday (spotted my first allium leaves coming thru).  Hope all is ok with you and yours, and that you have lots of plans for that new greenhouse of yours. Take care

27/01/2014 at 23:05
Hi chicky, must go and check my alliums (not right now though - torch isn't that good!) , but no sign last week when I looked. take care. X
27/01/2014 at 23:13

Hello MrsGarden

my alliums are showing up in the ground, lots of bulbs are showing up excited about the tulips when they flower  

27/01/2014 at 23:18
Hi GG, you seem as busy as ever! And it now sounds like you're a treasure hunter as well!
27/01/2014 at 23:22

Hello MrsG,  you've been missed. Hope your well.

Gg, how facinating, hope you find lots more tresures