London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 12°C
22/02/2014 at 10:16

Fairy girl  Flaming auto correct!!!  Although we are going on the prom 

I've just quickly come in to report that I HAVE COMPOST.....yippeeeeeeeee I'm better than I thought 

KEF
22/02/2014 at 10:26

Will chat to everyone later, jobs to do.

Punkdoc check your PM's.

22/02/2014 at 10:28

Happy Thinking Day 4thpanda!! And everyone else of course! My favourite Thinking day was a few years ago when my sister and I spent the day having a huge bonfire/campfire on my allotment. Lovely 

22/02/2014 at 10:28

Please don't go puncdoc, we need you here.

He was rude to me, I don't care. If someone I cared about was rude I would care. I'm not leaving (unless I get too busy with spring gardening, but not likely in the evening!), I like it here.

22/02/2014 at 10:34

Now another problem to deal with   I was just going out into the garden when I heard the post drop on the doormat - now I have a surfeit of gardening riches - the RHS magazine and ....... Christopher Lloyd's The Well Chosen Garden (second hand I treated myself but didn't think it'd come until next week) ........ now what am I going to do first????????????

Another coffee anyone??? 

22/02/2014 at 10:35

Well said BL. You're right - we should only care about being hurt by those we have respect for.

I'm off to the bank now. Hmmm ...don't think they know too much about respect either! 

Tracey- you're officially a 'gardener'.   You get excited by compost 

22/02/2014 at 10:36

Happy Thinking Day Podd  For those not in the know, it is both Baden Powell's birthdays (Mr & Mrs) and we celebrate the day thinking about Guides and Scouts in other countries 

I am looking forward to getting outside today and seeing what is what. . . will my single leaf hellebore's flower come out yet? Where should I plant my primroses? Will my parcel from Dove arrive today? 

Have a great day all. Looks like the sun is shining down on us whether it is out or not  Thank you Daniel et al

22/02/2014 at 11:22

Well have wandered in a couple of time recently and last night was ott.

I see it's now sorted, but like a lot of you makes me think twice about posting. I know I haven't been here much, you know why, and beginning to feel better.

Still lets hope it's over and done with

Sorry Hello all of you.

Have been AWOL but will be here a bit more frequently now.

Great Hedgehog thread

22/02/2014 at 11:26

Hi Matty

22/02/2014 at 11:26

Welcome back Matty - all sorted now 

22/02/2014 at 11:29

Punkdoc, don't let a bully win. He's gone now and hopefully never to return. I didn't pm you either (can't on this daft tablet) but i'm here with support. I also sent Daniel a couple of messages when I thought he had overstepped the mark on more than one occasion., especially when he started swearing. He tried to upset me before xmas but he then went on his hols (?) so he stopped. There were times Punkdoc that I really wanted to retaliate,  but didn't cos I might have said too much. 

So lets all get back to our normal friendly place and forget him or he would have won.

Best wishes Punkdoc x

22/02/2014 at 13:02

Afternoon  Have taken a wander into town to mend a broken claw and get some more bird food. Got a call from the APs, did I want to accompany the nieces and 'granny' to the cinema? So now I am off to the cinema for the afternoon  Fingers crossed for a nice day tomorrow . . . as I won't be doing my planting today!

Catch you all later x

22/02/2014 at 13:20

Punkdoc....YOU SIMPLY CANNOT GO. 

Your honesty, integrity, frankness and openess is hugely appealing and endearing on the forum.  Clearly everyone is fond of you even though few of is really know one another.

The guy causing the issues also caused the problems a couple of years back....he has  got under the skin of most of us.  He's history.

I enjoy the forum for the fun,escapism, gardening knowledge, friendship and comments.  there is a nice group here I think....you are part of it Punkdoc

You openly talk of your depression....most of us can identify with that too....and to my mind it shows strength.

22/02/2014 at 13:32

Verdun- he's a small man - if that. People like 'our doc' are giants by comparison. 

Went to the  nursery and couldn't see any native Prims 

Felt it would be rude to leave empty handed so a few things found their way into my little trolley......

Hellebore 'Blue Lady', a chrysographes Iris and a white bearded one called 'Immortality' and an early clematis - 'Constance' which is shocking pink. I have a nice little corner for it on the fence near the back gate. Asked the owner if she had any primulas and she said there might be a few left - they didn't have many this year. Five minutes later - I had five little pots of those too at a couple of quid each, so I'm a happy bunny!

Will put pix on the camera thread. 

22/02/2014 at 13:42

Dove I got my plants I came in for lunch and my mum had took delivery of them they look great will pot them up until area around pond bit more ready

Been out sorting the raised bed for mum ready for the new inner raised bed and been cutting branches with my new Fiskars cutters from QVC they are brilliant so light weight and easy to use these ones  http://www.qvcuk.com/Fiskars-Lightweight-Easy-Cut-Lopper.product.503949.html

see you later may pop out side again

22/02/2014 at 13:48

Whilst being relieved that Brumbull has finally been zapped, I think we should remain vigilant. It's all too simple to slip back again with a new identity...I've seen it many times in the past.

One thing they find difficult to change is their posting style i.e. composition, punctuation & grammar...after numerous bans, this let Grid Gardener down every time.

I reckon some of us  could have BB sussed after his first sentence.

22/02/2014 at 13:52

I'm sure it will happen again but we have the power to stop it. A WUM has no power except the power we give by retaliation and getting upset.

That's what they want. So don't give it.

22/02/2014 at 13:54

Read that post as native Pimms LOL

Have seen a huge fat bee going in and out of crocus this morning - you know what it's like - rushed in for camera Only 3 frames left on card - took photos - bee so laden with pollen wasn't going very quickly and result- one yukky out of focus photo. Not posting that but did think you may like to see my hellebore bought last week (still  not planted - too wet)

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/38051.jpg?width=350

And yes, thanks all - things are more settled now 

David K wrote (see

I reckon some of us  could have BB sussed after his first sentence.

David - quite 

nutcutlet wrote (see)

I'm sure it will happen again but we have the power to stop it. A WUM has no power except the power we give by retaliation and getting upset.

That's what they want. So don't give it.

What Nut said!!!