Start a new thread

9,161 to 9,180 of 58,313 replies

iGrow
Nut... I prefer to visit allotments rather than gardens although I do the South Luffenham open gardens as my sister in law lives there...
Dovefromabove

Cake ............... more cake............. I said the men would be here if there was cake...... I was just munching on Doritos and dips, don't think I've got room for cake 

iGrow - you're not too far from us either, and we visit south Lincs quite often to see the inlaws, some good gardens around 

star gaze lily

So much nicer tonight, Stacey, it got very unpleasant last night, but thankfully he's gone. 

Any cake left fairy

nutcutlet

iGrow, I'm ashamed to admit to not growing veg in spite of being a more or less vegetarian

Dovefromabove

Putting my feet up now folks and watching Tony Robinson walking though North Norfolk = sweet dreams folks - see you in the morning 

Advertisement

iGrow
Nut... My wife is more or less vegetarian whereas I am completely. We are almost self sufficient in vegetables (would be if we didn't have daughter and her partner living with us) but don't grow much at home except for greenhouse crops and raising stuff for transplanting. Garden is fairly small as greenhouse and potting shed are far more important, although it is bigger than most new builds (ours isn't a new build)... Garden does have a number of fruit trees as we are not allowed trees at the allotment.

Dove - we have two kids that live in or near Norwich.
Fairygirl

Night Dove

He's doing a Time Team special tomorrow night on Ned Lutyens for anyone who might be interested.

He was the renowned architect who did all the hard landscaping in the famous gardens he designed with Gertrude Jekyll , among many other things like the Cenotaph and the Viceroy's House in Delhi etc.  I'm a big fan. 

nutcutlet

I did grow a few courgettes last year iGrow. They grow themselves though don't they. 

star gaze lily

Last year we grew courgettes (there were loads!) French beans, pots, peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower raspberries and srawberries.

Hope to do more this year. Did try chillied as well but weweren't very successful. Might need tips from Stacey.

chicky

Thanks Fairy - will look up the Lutyens programme - we are deep in the heart of his country - in fact friends of ours live a real live Lutyens house

Stacey Docherty

Oh quick question peeps.... Got a load of dwarf gladioli bulbs ( Parker's free gift) do they need to go in pots or can I plant in the garden?

chicky

Stacey - i put mine in the ground.  Some say you then lift them in the autumn, and store the corms/bulbs like dahlias - but mine seem to survive left in the ground - we are both in the south east so think that might work for you too

Fairygirl

Channel 4 tomorrow at 8pm chick 

He was masterful in his design of hard landscaping. Getting the balance right in gardens requires so much skill. He was one of the finest I think.

They can go in the ground Stacey. Think they like decent drainage - not sure though as I've never grown them! 

I'm off to bed now too. Night all 

punkdoc

I hate to say this, but someone calling himself Verdun, although not actually I am sure has just posted on the Morning Forkers site. I fear it may be starting again.

Busy-Lizzie

I saw that programme about North Norfolk too. My mother's parents had a holiday house in Salthouse, not far from Sherringham, when my mother and uncle were children. They used to sail at Blakeney.

I have done nothing all day, apart from going out to lunch with my sons. Meant to prune another climbing rose but it rained.

Late afternoon lots of cranes flew over my house. I was nearly too late getting my camera and had to use the zoom. The sky is very grey. They made a heck of a racket, but it's a sign that spring is coming!

Advertisement

Busy-Lizzie

There is a post from Verdun on the page before this saying Stacey is his favourite, but it only has 7 posts on it, Verdun has thousands.

chicky

Have reported it - night night folks

4thPanda

I don't understand how more than one person can have the same name? I agree, it is not our Verd. 

I'm with you Pd, could the fake Verdun please leave or change name. I think leave might be the best and preferred option.

nutcutlet

Having ignored Brumbull, the morning forkers thread does not appear on my forum.

It's bound to all start again if we let it. He loves it.

nutcutlet

Yes, It's Brumbull, the name's changed on my 'ignore' list. 

If you ignore, he won't be there.